We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hop on/hop off bus?

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
280 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Best hop on/hop off bus?

Am thinking of using one of these on our one full day in port during a cruise, but there appear to be a number of options - anyone want to recommend one as being better than another? Or are they all pretty much the same?

Thanks!

california
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best hop on/hop off bus?

Hello dekepler!

If you only have one day to spend in Barcelona, it probably won't be a good idea to spend your time in line waiting for the ho ho bus to come.

If it's a group of 2 or more, you may be better of and the same price to use a taxi from place to place.

If you still want to do the hoho bus, I'm sure there will be more responses, unfortunately I haven't been to Barcelona yet, but I usually don't do hoho buses because I always have limited time.

Yesi

Level Contributor
5,896 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best hop on/hop off bus?

dkeppler, I haven't used the hop on/hop off bus in Barcelona but have done so in different cities. In terms of convenience it is a good idea for only a day's visit to me as you can do the circuit. Then you can get out and visit whichever sight that interests you.

Edited: 15 August 2011, 05:34
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
14 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best hop on/hop off bus?

Hm - I just got back from Barcelona and did the Bus Touristic. There were no lines waiting for the bus to come at all, and a taxi from place to place wouldn't necessarily show you all the sites and probably end up costing more money.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
297 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best hop on/hop off bus?

Do you find the 3 routes of Bus Touristic cover pretty much of BCN highlights?

Would you suggest to buy a 2-day tickt?

In average how long is the wait of the next bus at the stop?

Did you the ticket in advance or on the bus?

tks

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
14 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best hop on/hop off bus?

I think it covered a lot, of course when you go by the parks you actually have to get off and walk to them to see everything. The stops were usually 5-7 minutes. They'd let you know if it was an extended stop to get back on the bus schedule, but in that instance we just hopped off and hopped on the other bus in front of us that would be leaving sooner. I would suggest a two day ticket. We only did a one day ticket on our last day, so I wish we would have done a two day ticket on our first two days in Barcelona. We bought them on the bus.

Edited: 18 August 2011, 17:21
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
297 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best hop on/hop off bus?

Thanks ;) Did you get discount on the Bus Turistic?

Inverness, United...
Destination Expert
for Salou
Level Contributor
2,320 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best hop on/hop off bus?

What does it cost for the Bus Turistic for a day ticket?

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
304 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best hop on/hop off bus?

Bus Turistic was great! You get 3 routes on a one day ticket. It was 23 euros. Our hotel receptionist gave us a voucher that took 2 euros off the price. We encountered no problems with long lines waiting for the buses. The red line picks up every 5 minutes. The green line that runs along the beach did not seem to run as often for pickups. Be sure to bring some bottled water. Have fun!

Ohio
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Best hop on/hop off bus?

Ditto about Bus Turistica. Would recommend buying one day ticket and get to know the beautiful city. On subsequent day(s) take the bus/metro combination. that's what our family did. The green line is less frequent and uses a regular bus and therefore has a bit longer wait. Both red and blue lines do not need much waiting. BTW, keep the coupon book carefully as it will help saving money at various attractions.

Enjoy Barca!!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
297 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best hop on/hop off bus?