We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

11 September - Catalan day - anything not to miss?

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
17 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
11 September - Catalan day - anything not to miss?

Read in a Spanish magazine that this event was on Sunday. But my Spanish is too poor, to understand what and where any tips or suggestions?

Thanks

barcelona
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 11 September - Catalan day - anything not to miss?

hi,

it's not much of interest for a turiste, in my opinion....offerings of flowers , demostrations...it's more a politican celebration than a folkloric act....but in some villages or cities could be music or somthing like this....for instance in Tarragona at 19h30 there are "castells" (human towers), in Valls is on 10th at night.....etc....

Ft lauderdale
Level Contributor
30 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 11 September - Catalan day - anything not to miss?

over 100,000 people marching with senyeras for independence

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
17 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 11 September - Catalan day - anything not to miss?

Where are they marching from and to?

Also went to see font magica tonight. I've been before but this seemed much busier than normal and was on earlier than I thought, we got there at 9pm and it had already started and there were thousands there? Was this a special occasion or is this normal?

Many thanks for advice.

4. Re: 11 September - Catalan day - anything not to miss?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 21:15