We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

spanair

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
spanair

Does anyone know anything about Spanair, an inter-country airlines? We want to fly from Barcelona to Granada. I have heard that lost luggage is a common mishap.

France, Andorra, and Spain from...
1,042 reviews
from US$146.60*
Priority Access: Barcelona Sagrada...
2,943 reviews
from US$44.30*
Barcelona City Tour, Sagrada Familia...
1,650 reviews
from US$112.40*
Special Offer
Montserrat and Oller del Mas Tour...
438 reviews
from US$112.72*
US$118.66
BARCELONA.SPAIN
Level Contributor
1,722 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: spanair

I flew with them from Barcelona to Stockholm and there was no problem at all and nobody in the airplane seemes to have their luggage lost.

Their take over and landings were exactly on time, They do not serve food or drinks (you have to pay for them) and their Airbus A321 were a little packed with seats and you have not much space for your legs, that was the only bad thing about this trip

Hope to have helped

Jose

alberta
Level Contributor
562 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: spanair

I have had good experiences with Spanair.

Lost luggage can be an issue with almost every airline.

I am using them again this year for travel in Spain.

Fares are very good and the service was fine.

:)

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
20,647 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: spanair

I've not heard about lost luggage as a major problem with Spanair (British Airways is famous for that as is Iberia) We've flown Spanair a couple of times in the past (incl home from Stockholm) when they were part of SAS group.

Now they are (mainly) Catalan-owned and have adopted some aspects from budget airlines including more cramped seating and narrow aisles (i'm comparing with easyjet and saying narrow aisles!). And as Jose mentioned too, there's no free food and drink served now.

We discovered the latter point when we flew to Zagreb on a flight booked through Croatia Airlines but operated by Spanair (code-shared flight). We had assumed we'd get food so hadn't bought anything at the airport (which we always do when we fly Easyjet).

Bad mistake as it turned out because (far worse than the cost aspect) they had had no time to load any food or drink as the previous flight arrived late into Barcelona and they needed to turn round very fast. So we couldn't buy anything except chocolate bars. If only we'd known. Nothing available at the airport hotel at 10pm either...so breakfast next morning was most apprerciated!

On the return journey, operated by Croatia Airlines we were served a hot meal, it shows you really have to check everything.

Spanair does still give you a free luggage-allowance and a generous one at 23kg.

Vueling also flies to Granada, possibly code-sharing with Iberia for some flights. Iberia tends to be more expensive but will include free (checked-in) luggage allowance.

I'd suggest check all three websites and compare cost and also flight times

Edited: 19 September 2011, 19:18
4. Re: spanair

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 05:17