We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AVE train to Madrid question

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Panama
Level Contributor
23 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
AVE train to Madrid question

I did go to the TA Insider page and read the entry about buying Renfe tickets online but still have some questions that maybe someone can help me with. I would like to buy AVE tickets online for January 1st from Barcelona to Madrid. So far I am not getting any train schedules or fares to look at for that date on the Renfe site. Is the date too far out or is there no AVE service on January 1st? What is the window for posting schedules and fares? I know you can get web discounts for buying 62 days out or sometimes earlier. If that route is not available that day (and I do assume that they will be running) then I need to look at alternative routes or air fares. Thanks.

california
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AVE train to Madrid question

Im not sure if they run January 1st... but I don't see why not...

It is however, too early to book... I believe when I bought my tickets it was about 60 (or 62) days before... so you'd have to wait until the begining of November.

you could search online see if you read anything regarding the trains not running Jan 1st... but they should.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
55,131 posts
3,468 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AVE train to Madrid question

Farallon:

It is too early to look for fares for Jan.1. They will not post fares until 62 days before that date.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AVE train to Madrid question

I have the almost same question. I know that no fare or schedule will be posted more than 62 days in advance but do you know if the trains will run on January 1st? I am planning on tking the Estrella train from Barcelona to Madrid and I can't find an anwer annywhere (not even on the renfe website!). I need this info to book accomodation :s

Would anyone be aware?

Thanks soooooo muuch!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
55,131 posts
3,468 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: AVE train to Madrid question

foodie:

Trains run the regular schedule on all holidays.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: AVE train to Madrid question

Thanks so much!! :)

6. Re: AVE train to Madrid question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 12:20