We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant near Negre apartments

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
113 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant near Negre apartments

Hi, we'll be staying here next week, on the return part of our journey back to Australia. I've looked through the forums but all the info can get a bit overwhelming so thought I'd ask if anyone could recommend a nice restaurant nearby for our Sat night dinner. I appreciate the term "reasonably priced" is subjective but we're looking for somewhere middle of the road,not fine dining with a very expensive price tag, but nice for a family with 2 teenagers and somewhere that can become a nice memory of our visit to Barcelona. Also, what is a good time to eat that would give us a nice atmosphere? Thanks in advance. This site has been great for all the useful tips, don't know how I managed before! Cheers

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,236 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant near Negre apartments

Hola Lilias!

Not too many people know where the Negre apartments are located. I only know that they are near carrer de Valencia and maybe metro Verdaguer....

Assuming that's correct, you have Embat and Gelonch nearby. Both are modern Catalan but Embat is less expensive, being a 'bistronomic'. Cal Xim is also nearby and it's the Barcelona outpost of a traditional Catalan restaurant from the wine region of Subirats.

Hope that helps.

PS If you don't want to wait until past 8 pm to eat, there's always El Glop. Three locations and open all day. DE Lynda used to recommend it.

Hope that helps.

USA
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant near Negre apartments

The apartments are at C/ Valencia, 360, or on Valencia at Passeig de Sant Joan. I'm embarrassed to admit that even though I stayed in one of the apartments for 13 days, I don't have any restaurant recommendations to give you. There are many in the area, some good ones, but I ate in a lot and did not take notes while I was out and about. You could do a google maps search to look for restaurants nearby.

If my memory jogs a bit in the next couple of days I'll try to post some actual useful information. Bon viatge!

London, United...
Level Contributor
389 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant near Negre apartments

I used a Negre apt in Born last month, down by Santa Maria del Mar, can recommend some nice restaurants around there but I don't know Carrer Valencia.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
113 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant near Negre apartments

Hola, I was wandering throughout the Borne area today and it looks lovely, even though it's raining. I think I'd like to go there for our Sat night meal, (and past 8pm). As there are loads of places, any recommendations would be appreciated and can we just turn up or do we need to book as it's a Sat?

New England
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant near Negre apartments

We will be staying at the Negre Valencia apartments in early March.

We would like to find a nice restaurant within about 1.5km or so where we can get an early dinner on our arrival day. Because we arrive in BCN mid morning, after an overnight flight, we would like to avoid having to wait until 8pm for dinner.

I like the look of Cafe Josephine, but would like other suggestions.

New England
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant near Negre apartments

I just looked at the menu for Josephine and something a little less expensive would be ideal (i.e. no more than 30 Euros per person including wine if possible)

7. Re: Restaurant near Negre apartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 20:42