We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport transportation - confused

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Herts, UK
Level Contributor
40 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Airport transportation - confused

After reading several posts today, I was slightly alarmed/confused by the state of the transportation links to and from the Airport. We are in Barcelona from April 9 to 12th, flying in on Easyjet. Simple question : we were looking to catch the train from Airport to Sants, change and then metro to Hospital clinic on the 9th, and return journey on the 12th - is this now a non-starter due to on-going works on RENFE lines ?

Dundee
Level Contributor
192 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport transportation - confused

We are travelling in June. Last year we took the train. This year, due to the ongoing works, we have been advised to take the "Aerobus" to either Sants or Placa de Catalunya. I'm told they are very frequent, stop at all three terminals, cheap (less than 3 Euros) and that there is plenty room for luggage. Apparently you pay the driver.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
3,554 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport transportation - confused

They talk about it here, too: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187497-i44-k49531…

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,553 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport transportation - confused

If you need to get to Hospital Clinic area, you can either. get bus put on by Renfe to Sants station (red and white bendibuses) and then metro, or take Aerobus to catalunya and then taxi or alternatively 14 bus (which has a stop near Aerobus) and goes up Casanova, with stop near the hospital which is between Villaroel and Casanova.