We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rumbo.es is horrible

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Rumbo.es is horrible

I booked a hotel reservation through Rumbo.es and got a confirmation e-mail and everything. When I got to the hotel to check in they told me that the room had been cancelled because the payment process didn´t go through properly and that they had sent an email to Rumbo - who never informed me! So when I got to the hotel I was in a terrible fix!

And if I had booked directly through the hotel´s website it would have been 30 euro cheaper.

I would advise not using Rumbo.es

France, Andorra, and Spain from...
1,046 reviews
from US$146.00*
Priority Access: Barcelona Sagrada...
2,948 reviews
from US$44.10*
Barcelona City Tour, Sagrada Familia...
1,650 reviews
from US$111.90*
Special Offer
Montserrat and Oller del Mas Tour...
441 reviews
from US$112.23*
US$118.14
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,295 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rumbo.es is horrible

Hola ljeeves and welcome to Tripadvisor!

On this forum, we often suggest using hotel search engines such as Booking.com, Venere.com and TA Barcelona Hotels as well as checking Hotel websites for advance booking discounts.

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
9,232 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rumbo.es is horrible

If you are American, why would you use a Spanish travel agency? Why did you not book directly with the hotel, since it was cheaper?

Did you inform your credit card company that uounwould be making a charge that would come from a Spanish company named Rumbo? If not, they would almost certainly reject the charge. Rumbo may have e-mailed you about this later, and you did not see it or it went into a spam folder. You should have noticed that the charge did not appear on your credit card station.

I bought Renfe tickets from Rumbo.es and they were very professional. The charge for their handling fee did not go through ( even tho I had informed my bank). They provided the tickets ( that charge went through just fine) and then emailed me to request that I contact my bank about the handling fee. I did, and they confirmed that they then received payment for the handling fee. But I was impressed that they trusted me to take care of it, rather than withholding the tickets until I did that.

As Gigis_mum explained, the best way to book hotels is through the hotel itself, or a hotel booking site like Venere.com if you prefer. Personally I will only book direct, as we get the best price and service that way.

Portland, Oregon
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rumbo.es is horrible

I completely agree that Rumbo.com is awful. They have horrible customer service. I eventually abandoned attempting to book a fly through them. Save yourself time and frustration and avoid them.

Portland, Oregon
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rumbo.es is horrible

I agree 100%. I had to abandon attempting to book a flight through Rumbo.com because their customer service was so awful.

Portland, Oregon
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rumbo.es is horrible

I completely agree that Rumbo.com is awful. They have horrible customer service. I eventually abandoned attempting to book a fly through them. Save yourself time and frustration and avoid them.

Oceanside Ca
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rumbo.es is horrible

I just tried to book a flight with them inside of Cuba. they had a good price with discount but after entering all the details and click on book it it came up with another line item called "Expenditure" for Euro 111.00. no explanation what it is for. they have absolutely no contact info on the web site to ask about it either. needless to say I vacated their site and will never return

Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rumbo.es is horrible

I also think Rumbo is HORRIBLE and DISHONEST! They charged me for a flight which THEY cancelled and I never got my money back! over 200 euros! I sent them a million of emails and now I am in contact with a lawyer who can help me sue them as they don't bother to answer them.

THEY ARE LIERS AND CHEATERS. DO NOT USE THEIR SERVICES!

Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
for Isle of Wight, Sitges
Level Contributor
4,171 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rumbo.es is horrible

angelicpawlosia, before involving lawyers, contact your credit card company and ask for a refund. They should be jointly liable.

9. Re: Rumbo.es is horrible

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2014, 05:17