We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nearest Flamenco or Spanish entertainment to Eixample

New England
Level Contributor
1,557 posts
158 reviews
Save Topic
Nearest Flamenco or Spanish entertainment to Eixample

I know there are one or two flamenco shows that get good reviews on TA, but wondered if we really have to leave the Eixample or even Gracia area to get a good show. We are also interested in other forms of live Spanish music.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,286 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nearest Flamenco or Spanish entertainment to Eixample

Hola Duncan!

Barcelona locals will tell you that flamenco is more of a tradition of Andalusia than Catalunya. In the Eixample, there is the Palacio del Flamenco. It's a much bigger venue with a big stage and dinner.

Way up in Gracia, there's the school of Flora Albaicin, a famous dancer. I've never been able to understand why the school is up there but there are no performances nearby.

www.palaciodelflamenco.com/web/es/index

Edited: 13 December 2011, 22:14
New England
Level Contributor
1,557 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nearest Flamenco or Spanish entertainment to Eixample

Thanks Gigi's mum,

My guess is that Flamenco would be better in a more intimate setting, so we may look to one of the other options.

New England
Level Contributor
1,557 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nearest Flamenco or Spanish entertainment to Eixample

Would Tablao Cordobes be a good choice? Is it in that area of the La Rambla that is crowded, sleazy and a haven for pickpockets?

SPB
Level Contributor
44 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nearest Flamenco or Spanish entertainment to Eixample

Hi Duncan!

I'm going to visit Barcelona too and I'm also looking for flamenco performance and I know that flamenco is Andalusia tradition, but i like it :-)

Here you can get some information about flamenco shows in Barcelona and reserve tickets http://www.flamencotickets.com/barcelona.htm

SPB
Level Contributor
44 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nearest Flamenco or Spanish entertainment to Eixample

Hi Duncan!

I'm going to visit Barcelona too and I'm also looking for flamenco performance and I know that flamenco is Andalusia tradition, but i like it :-)

Here you can get some information about flamenco shows in Barcelona and reserve tickets http://www.flamencotickets.com/barcelona.htm

Edited: 15 December 2011, 13:29
New England
Level Contributor
1,557 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nearest Flamenco or Spanish entertainment to Eixample

Thank you so much! That is incredibly helpful!

7. Re: Nearest Flamenco or Spanish entertainment to Eixample

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2012, 10:20