We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bodegas Torres Winery

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sacramento,Californi...
Level Contributor
373 posts
Save Topic
Bodegas Torres Winery

Will be in Barcelona and would like to go to a winery. Can we get to the Bodegas Torres Winery by train etc on our own or better take a tour. Or any other recommended wineries we can get to from Barcelona?

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,716 posts
3,568 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bodegas Torres Winery

95831:

It seems they have a place in Barcelona itself:

…salir.com/centro_cultural_del_vino_bodegas_…

Here is their website for the Penedes area:

turispain.com/bodegas-torres_id105841_bodega…

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bodegas Torres Winery

Their place in Barcelona is just a wine bar and cultural centre about the wine. OK but not really a winery experience.

You can easily take a train to Vilafranca del Penedes and then a short taxi ride to the actual wineries. Save the cost of a tour to buy some bottles ;-)

http://tinyurl.com/cphebeb

However, if I had to choose only one winery in the area, I'd go to Codorniu. Not only a great cava producer, but their cellars are a Modernista architecture marvel:

www.codorniu.es/bodega_visite.html?wlang=en

Even easier, Freixenet, their bodega is just in front of Sant Sadurni d'Anoia train station.

http://www.freixenet.es/visitas.asp

Cheers! Salut!

Edited: 24 December 2011, 13:29
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,183 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bodegas Torres Winery

Hola Belsaita!

Excellent info. I hope you don't mind that I've linked this thread to a new Top Question - What wineries can I see in a day trip?

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bodegas Torres Winery

Hola Gigis_mum!

Of course I don't mind

Bones festes!

Barcelona, Spain
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bodegas Torres Winery

I recommend to phone directly to Bodegas Torres in Vilafranca del Penedes to know when they welcome people. From Barcelona you can take the train. Also, depending on the number of days you'll be in Barcelona, once in Barcelona you can go to the shop "Torres" at C/ Aribau and ask there.

New England
Level Contributor
1,501 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bodegas Torres Winery

I may be wrong, but I think the Centro Cultural del Vino Bodegas Torres Barcelona has closed.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bodegas Torres Winery

You're right DuncanH, I did check and the old Centro Cultural del Vino is closed. They continue their activities on their new location in Passeig de Gràcia, 78, its called El Taller Torres.

8. Re: Bodegas Torres Winery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2013, 10:20