We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Sunday brunch in Barcelona?

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
185 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Best Sunday brunch in Barcelona?

Can anyone tell me where would be a great place for Sunday bunch in Barcelona - preferable with a view and all inclusive fabulous food and open champagne/wine bar. thanks !

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
6,643 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Sunday brunch in Barcelona?

on hotel barcelo raval they do it, but it is expensive.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,323 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Sunday brunch in Barcelona?

Instead of going all gringo and doing brunch, why not do the Catalan thing and have a big afternoon meal in Barceloneta or at an arroceria elsewhere in the city? I believe the tradition is to do an aperitivo and then move on to the main meal. To me, that sounds a lot more enticing than having brunch at some hotel.

When in Rome...

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,189 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Sunday brunch in Barcelona?

This is not my cup of tea either but Cafe Veranda of the Hotel Arts apparently has a Sunday brunch. It's a fancy hotel (Ritz Carlton mgmt) with ocean views.

hotelartsbarcelona.com/seccion/…restaurants

Edited: 23 January 2012, 22:47
Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Sunday brunch in Barcelona?

Not really something we locals do, as said above. Here you can see a few more suggested places:

friendlyrentals.com/blog/en/barcelona/eating…

Can't speak first hand, as never tried any of these.

What I would advice to any visitor, is having the real local Sunday experience: 'un vermut' (a drink, not necessarily vermouth, with some olives or 'patatas bravas') around 12-13 pm, and then a good paella or fideuá. Or, budget permitting, a good 'suquet', 'bullabesa' or seafood 'parrillada'. The many restaurants in Barceloneta are packed on Sundays with local families.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,323 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Sunday brunch in Barcelona?

I don't think I've ever seen brunch advertised here actually (unlike Berlin where Sunday brunch is cery popular)

I suppose if it catches on it'll be like the tapas bars, basically catering to tourists because Spaniards have their main meal at lunchtime so it's not that you are going to be wanting a big late breakfast to keep you going till the evening.

Los Angeles...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Sunday brunch in Barcelona?

8 years here and almost as local as a foreigner can get and I can tell you that one of the best (and most authentic) brunches is at Tonka Bar in the Sant Antoni neighborhood. 12€ for an all you can eat brunch with fresh baked breads (rare in Spain for places to bake their own bread) and cheeses, meats, yogurts, muesli, jams, butters, hummus, guacamole, filtered water, carrot cakes, chocolate cakes, tomatoes, and more. http://www.bcnmes.com/brunch-barcelona/

Barcelona, Spain
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Sunday brunch in Barcelona?

well I would say federal and marmalade and pain quotidien too.

NSW Australia
Level Contributor
470 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Sunday brunch in Barcelona?

'What I would advice to any visitor, is having the real local Sunday experience: 'un vermut' (a drink, not necessarily vermouth, with some olives or 'patatas bravas') around 12-13 pm, and then a good paella or fideuá. Or, budget permitting, a good 'suquet', 'bullabesa' or seafood 'parrillada'. The many restaurants in Barceloneta are packed on Sundays with local families"

Hi Guys,

Can you suggest names for some of these restaurants..sounds fun for our family reunion in May.

We are staying "steps away from el Borne, Barceloneta, Port Vell" the blurb from our apartment says...so anywhere in that vicinity would be great.

I had best do some investigating to see what "" good 'suquet', 'bullabesa' or seafood 'parrillada'"" are!!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,189 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Sunday brunch in Barcelona?

Hi again Aussiemerc,

Facing Barceloneta beach, there's a little place that serves great rice dishes, fideua and seafood items : Kaiku. Reasonably priced but on Sunday, open only for lunch. Note:cannot book on atrapolo anymore.

tripadvisor.com/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

Otherwise, you'll find lots of places as you walk along the main drag of Barceloneta, Passeig de Joan de Borbo. Save room for dessert at Vioko.

Edited: 07 January 2013, 05:04
Barcelona
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Sunday brunch in Barcelona?

Check out Milk Bar & Bistro or Marmalade. Both great brunches.