We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelona weekend break

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Barcelona weekend break

Hi, im after a bit advice from people that have been to Barcelona. Im looking at going a bit later in the year for a long weekend but its my first time and i dont have a great deal of travel experience. I would like to know where is the most accessible areas to stay, i would be interested in the sightseeing, architecture,history etc, not a party life. I would like to be close or easy to get to sightseeing, quietish place and not costing a fortune, probably bed & breakfast based. Also what are the must see things when i get there. Would love any advice from travellers. Thank you

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelona weekend break

We stayed at Gallery Hotel and liked the location / neighborhood. Surrounded by restaurants and shopping, walked to Gaudi Museum and several Gaudi buildings. A block in either direction from the hotel you can catch the metro or a bus for easy access to other areas of the city.

Enjoyed seeing Park Guell and Sagrada Familia. Could have spent several afternoons / evenings along La Rambla.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,594 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelona weekend break

Must see sights are listed on the top right of the page.

The central Eixample is a good area to stay, somewhere fairly near Plaça Catalunya.

Look at venere.com for you dates to get an idea of prices (vary a lot depending on conferences/congresses)

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,256 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelona weekend break

Hola denc0!

You might consider staying in a hostal, which is a small, often family-run hotel with basic amenities.

Barcelona B&B

Hostal Boutique Khronos

Hostal Goya

Hostal Oliva

Hola Pattib!

What is the Gaudi Museum that you mentioned? I've never heard of a Gaudi Museum near the Gallery Hotel. Do you mean the exhibit inside Casa Mila (La Pedrera)?

4. Re: Barcelona weekend break

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2013, 09:25