We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sonar Festival 14-16 June

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
163 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Sonar Festival 14-16 June

Hi all

Is this any good and if so which days or nights? Any idea which headline acts will be there?

thanks

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
163 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sonar Festival 14-16 June

Anyone??

north carolina
Level Contributor
278 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sonar Festival 14-16 June

I have sort of the opposite question so I am adding to this-we will also be there but with a multi-generational group and wondered if this festival is big enough to make us want to take a side trip (which we plan to do at some point anyway) during it? For example, in Edinburgh, the fringe festival takes over the city (it is way fun and I would not miss it if I had a chance to be there but electronic music seems like something we would want to miss). OR, is the festival confined enough to its locations that you don't "feel"its effects as a visitor wanting to enjoy other aspects of Barcelona.

I guess guym4245 and I both would appreciate descriptions of this festival. Thanks in advance!

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,240 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sonar Festival 14-16 June

guym4245, have a look at the festival website, there is all the info: http://www.sonar.es/en/2012/

Only you can say if this is "any good". Not my thing, but I know people who travel every year to Barcelona just for this.

ncsnorkeldork: this festival is very limited to a couple of areas (actually the main concerts are out of town, in L'Hospitalet). You may be in Barcelona during these dates and not even notice there is a festival.

Edited: 15 February 2012, 18:08
north carolina
Level Contributor
278 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sonar Festival 14-16 June

That is very good to know b/c taking our side trip on those dates was not as convenient. Thanks for the insight!

5. Re: Sonar Festival 14-16 June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2013, 09:23