We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a proposal!

Kilkenny, Ireland
Level Contributor
949 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
a proposal!

any suggestions on a nice romantic place to get engaged in the city? somewhere with a nice view or romantic ambiance? i know its a bit of an unusual question! appreciate all help with this one as have never been to the city before.

Spain
Level Contributor
766 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: a proposal!

How about in front of the big fountain in the Ciudadela park ?

Spain
Level Contributor
766 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: a proposal!

This one:

…turiblogs.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/fo…

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
12,438 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: a proposal!

A nice suggestion, which prompts mine - how about the Magic Fountains? You can even time it to the music with a bit of luck and maybe preparation. As another alternative, I think that non-guests are permitted to use the roof bar of the Barcelo Raval Hotel that has spectacular view. Perhaps at sunset up there. I suspect that the sun will go down behind Montjuich rather than the sea, but it should still be good.

barcelona
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: a proposal!

hi!

how about gardens of the Pedralbes Palae or LAberint d'Horta?

http://bit.ly/ytgvr8

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: a proposal!

Not really an unusual question bazzaman :)

See: http://tinyurl.com/7scy8xs

I like the idea of the Laberint d'Horta... getting lost and when you find each other, asking her...

Everybody's different, typical-topical places like the Magic Fountain with so many people around would be a no-no for me... but many find it perfect.

Or, just wander around and when you find an unexpected, romantic moment you'll know. The perfect place can be anywhere with the right person :))

Congratulations!

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
7,109 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: a proposal!

sunday morning, plaça sant felip neri, hotel neri terrace. people going to mass, quiet place, at 12 (12:30?) carillon short concert .. it is your time ..

i just need find a girl and a ring (i know the second is not easy), but as you can see i have all planned ^^

Edited: 26 January 2012, 14:39
Kilkenny, Ireland
Level Contributor
949 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: a proposal!

are there two different fountains? the one where the lights and music? i think i like the idea of the fountains! suppose its all about the timing!

Kilkenny, Ireland
Level Contributor
949 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: a proposal!

ok i am gonna be in barcelona midweek and from what i gather there is no magic fountain show midweek,ah well.is there any highpoint in the city with great views? without going to far from the centre.rooftop terrace in some hotels or something like that would be good,any recommendations? i am staying at hotel h10 itaca.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
27,355 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: a proposal!

How about the cable car to Montjuic.

www.thegeorgepayne.com/

www.scobiesirishpub.com/

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,277 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: a proposal!

bazzaman,

Get up to Montjuic by Transbordador Aeri del Port or Funicular de Montjuic. Walk towards the ocean-side to Hotel Miramar. Have a drink at the Lobby Bar overlooking the mountain and the harbour. Take your true love out to the terrace of the bar.

Get down on your knee ...

hotelmiramarbarcelona.es/restauracion/lobby-…

hotelmiramarbarcelona.es/hotel/foto-video-to…

(make sure there's transportation up and down too, or else you'll have to be a truly chivalrous knight and carry the fair damsel back and forth)

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187497-i44-k44513…

Edited: 14 February 2012, 03:29