We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La merce 2012 - when will the dates be confirmed ?

Perth, Scotland
Level Contributor
46 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
La merce 2012 - when will the dates be confirmed ?

Can anyone tell me when the dates for la merce 2012 are likely to be announced - we have been putting off booking but need to do something soon. Thanks

barcelona
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La merce 2012 - when will the dates be confirmed ?

hi,

the dates are announced late, the program appers in september....during the year is possible get clues looking at the webs of some of the groups participing (as castellers for exemple)..but if you can't wait, a good idea probably ll be reserve from 21th to 24th....24th (the Day of la MErcè) is sure that'll be lots of activities...and usually when la Mercè is on Monday or Tuesday the festival start the Friday before and finished on 24th..

Ah! if 24th is the last day, it'll be probabley that the piromusical 'll be these night...

Perth, Scotland
Level Contributor
46 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La merce 2012 - when will the dates be confirmed ?

thanks for that, will just go ahead and book the weekend before 24th

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
11,989 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La merce 2012 - when will the dates be confirmed ?

If anybody can get this right it’s 5de8. The last time that 24th September was a Monday was in 2007 and looking at my trip report for that year we flew home on the Monday so missed Piromusical. If you’re able, aim for Thursday 21st until at least Tuesday 25th to see the whole festival. It is normally four days but some years it extends over five, usually with a quieter day in the middle.

If you are expecting to arrive before that date, consider a couple of nights in nearby Tarragona. Their festival, Santa Tecla is both sufficiently different to La Mercé to make it worth a look and sufficiently exciting to make it memorable. The dates are also less subject to variation because it’s a longer festival. I think the Bal de Gegants and the Baixada de l’Aliga which is one of the most exciting things I’ve ever seen are always on 21st September.

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
11,989 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La merce 2012 - when will the dates be confirmed ?

This pretty much confirms it - and much earlier than normal ...

tripadvisor.co.uk/…39067090

5. Re: La merce 2012 - when will the dates be confirmed ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2013, 10:18