We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip from barcelona to cadaques and figueres?

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
Day trip from barcelona to cadaques and figueres?

Would like to do a day trip from barcelona to figueres and cadaques to see the dali museum as well as the casa museu salvadore dali if possible.

Is that a workable itinerary for a day trip?

Also, what's the best way to travel to and from these places?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,281 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip from barcelona to cadaques and figueres?

Check journey schedule, train Barcelona to Figueres www.renfe.es Bus Figueres to Cadaques www.sarfa.com

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,078 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip from barcelona to cadaques and figueres?

As a day trip I think only possible if you hire a car. We went to both last Saturday and it was fairly rushed even by car as the museum in Figueres didn't open till 10.30 (winter opening time, when it closes at 6) .

You have to pre-book for the house in Port Lligat and then go at least half an hour before the reserved time to pay for and pick up you tickets which adds to the complications. Nowhere to eat in Port Lligat in the winter so it really is not simple (if you go by Sarfa bear in mind that Port Lligat is not walkable from Cadaques really either) .

The Dali website says you need to allow two days to visit all 3 sites (with Púbol). That's because of the logistics/distances not the time actually visiting inside (about an hour for Port lligat and perhaps the same for Pübol)

Edited: 22 February 2012, 09:32
Level Contributor
7,614 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip from barcelona to cadaques and figueres?

Check with Spanish Trails...they have a day trip at least to the museum in Figueres..they may have a suggestion for the other museum. We are using them for a trip to Girona and Dali Museum.

Rainbow Beach...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip from barcelona to cadaques and figueres?

Try Explore Catalunya - Ultimate Dali Tour. They will also pre book tickets for Dali House for you

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,078 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trip from barcelona to cadaques and figueres?

For Girona and Dali museum in Figueres it's easy(and cheap) to do on your own by train, it's getting to Cadaqués that is quite a bit more difficult.

you can also book your own tickets online https:/…en_entrades.html

Edited: 22 March 2012, 21:40
Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
55,189 posts
3,468 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day trip from barcelona to cadaques and figueres?

The only way to get to Cadaques is by car or bus. Cadaques is not easy to get to from Barcelona.

Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
for Isle of Wight, Sitges
Level Contributor
3,315 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day trip from barcelona to cadaques and figueres?

Cadaques is a lovely little town and really deserves at least an ovenight stay. The bus journey over the "mountain" is spectacular. It takes approx 10 mins to walk from the beach to the top of the town then 20-30 mins to walk over to Port Lligat. As said before you have to prebook your Tickets for the house.

South Pole
Level Contributor
111 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day trip from barcelona to cadaques and figueres?

Has anyone here tried Explore Catalunya personally?

I want to book their Ultimate Dali Tour, and on their website it said the entry to Port Lligat house is not included in the fare.

I don't mind booking the tickets on my own, but I don't know what visit time I should reserve. I emailed the company a while ago but I haven't heard back... They do have high praise on tripadvisor, I guess I just expected to hear back a bit quicker :-)

9. Re: Day trip from barcelona to cadaques and figueres?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 02:41