We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Runnerbean Tours

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new jersey
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Topic
Runnerbean Tours

I read about this outfit from one of the posts. We are going to BCN in May and I'm interested in signing up. Can anyone tell me how to contact them? I like to pre-arrange everything before leaving the US.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
23,968 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Runnerbean Tours

You could have found them by Googling. Have fun!

http://www.runnerbeantours.com/

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
2,216 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Runnerbean Tours

Hi, nightngale47,

I took Old City walking tour with runnerbean at the end of January and couldn't been happier!

We had Laura as a guide and she is just awesome! She's very friendly and fun and full of knowledge, she's simply radiant with love for Barcelona! She took us places I wouldn't find on my own, told not only historical facts (one can read it in a book) but also lots of interesting stories. The pace of the tour is very reasonable and we had at least one toilet-stop.

I don't think you can arrange in advance. Our tour started at 11 am (I see on the website they will have 2 tours per day after April 1). I got to Plaça Reial at about 10:15 am and the runnerbean representatives were already there. I got my little "name-tag" (a little greet stick-on piece with a number to identify you) and then came back by 11am for the tour to start. However, even though I took the tour in January (sort of off-tourist-season time) the group (I think it's not more than 30 people) was full and Laura had to kindly refuse to 2 people who came in at about 5 minutes before 11. So make sure you come in early to guarantee your place.

Unfortunately, I didn't have time for their Gaudi tour. But I'm sure it's as wonderful as our City tour was. And hopefully runnerbean would still be in business next time I'm in Barcelona so I could take the Gaudi tour with them:)

Enjoy the runnerbean!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
23,968 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Runnerbean Tours

Actually you CAN and should email them to tell them you are coming. I was told that by a representative of Runnerbean. :-)

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
24,354 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Runnerbean Tours

I have taken both the Gaudi and Old City tours with Runnerbean. And would highly recommend them.

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
612 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Runnerbean Tours

Just looked at the RunnerBean site--WOW, the tours look great!

I do have a question--the tours are "free", but what is an appropriate "tip" or payment amount? I would't want to be too cheap.

Thanks

TVQ

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Runnerbean Tours

If they can get you into any of the monuments, then it might be worth a few Euros.

Level Contributor
7,631 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Runnerbean Tours

I doubt if they go into any monuments etc.;however I would think an appropriate tip for a free trip that you enjoyed would be more than "a few euros"...just my opinion.

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
612 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Runnerbean Tours

For a 2 1/2 hour walking tour I was thinking more like 10-20 Euros. Maybe 30E for both of us?

I think any admission fees are the responsibility of each individual.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Kfar Yasif...
Level Contributor
113 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Runnerbean Tours

i would like to know also the "appropriate tip" , i for sure would take the old city tour when i am in town next week . it is a great idea and really nice from them to make such a free tour .

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
23,968 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Runnerbean Tours

Vacation Queen,

I read some time ago that another TA member gave 15 euros so you seem to be on track.

In my original answer to nightingale47, I had responded to her request for a way to contact Runnerbean. I gave their website and this was perfectly legitimate. I have no commercial interest in this company, nor do I benefit in any way. I wonder who was so mean as to have it removed? Here it is again, for everyone's benefit and NOT particulary mine. :-)

http://www.runnerbeantours.com/