We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Festa Major de Gràcia

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
La Festa Major de Gràcia

Hi, the dates may not have been confirmed yet but does anybody know when La Festa Major de Gràcia runs this year please?

Thank you.

Jason.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
185 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Festa Major de Gràcia

From August 15th to 21st of August 2012

web festa Major de Gracia http://www.festamajordegracia.cat/

Poster contest for the Festa Major April 16th to 27th

Suzy

cocoonbarcelona

Barcelona
Level Contributor
694 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: La Festa Major de Gràcia

Last year it was from the 15th to the 21st of August.

You can keep updated here:

http://www.festamajordegracia.cat/

or send them an email to see if they know anything yet.

Barcelona
Level Contributor
694 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: La Festa Major de Gràcia

Suzibcn, if you look at the banner on the website you'll see those dates are for the 2011 festival.

Edited: 13 March 2012, 15:40
Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La Festa Major de Gràcia

In the rules for the festival poster's contest, it says the participant posters may include the paragraph "from 15th to the 21st of August 2012", so these must be the definitive dates.

Barcelona
Level Contributor
694 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: La Festa Major de Gràcia

Thanks Belsaita. I didn't see that. Good catch! ;-)

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: La Festa Major de Gràcia

That's great news, thank you. We will be in Barcelona for those dates, I saw the dates for last year so wondered if they might be similar. Can anybody advise whether this festival is good to visit? Time Out seems to suggest that recent years have become more prone to trouble, particularly in the evenings. We will be travelling with our nine year old son. Thanks again for your help.

Barcelona
Level Contributor
694 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: La Festa Major de Gràcia

"Can anybody advise whether this festival is good to visit?"

It is a must-do. And your kid will enjoy it a lot with all the decoration on the streets. You can go there at any time (day or night) although at night the decorations are at their most spectacular. Don't worry about trouble. You will see police and maybe a small demonstration one particular day but it is perfectly safe.

By the way, on this website they say "2012 dates not yet announced". I think that "15th to 21st of August" could be a provisional text for designers to enter the competition. It is very strange that they are the same dates as last year.

barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/events/gracia…

Edited: 13 March 2012, 18:54
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: La Festa Major de Gràcia

Fantastic, thanks for the advice. We're in the city for 5 full days so we'll keep an eye on the dates and if we are around at the same time then we'll go along. Thanks everyone.

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
12,563 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: La Festa Major de Gràcia

"Time Out seems to suggest that recent years have become more prone to trouble, particularly in the evenings."

Could you post a link to this, please? I'm fascinated and can't find anything on the site.

We visit almost every year for Barcelona's Festa Major which is quite a bit bigger than the Gracia one (which we hope to try some time). I would have thought that if any festival was prone to trouble it would be the city one - and we've never seen any. Sounds like scaremongering unless Time Out supply some evidence.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: La Festa Major de Gràcia

Thanks for taking the time to post, I've copied a link to the Time Out article below. Reference is about 2/3 of the way down the article.

timeout.com/barcelona/…id-440349311

As I say, thanks for taking the time to post, we'll definitely visit if dates work as I'm hoping they will.