We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vuelling, iberia or swiss air?

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
manila
Level Contributor
497 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
vuelling, iberia or swiss air?

from barcelona to zurich the rates are $80 veulling, $113 iberia, $132 swiss. i would choose the cheapest but i will be traveling with my parents in law and they are quite choosy with comfort. is there a big difference in these 3 airlines? which one would you choose?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,968 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vuelling, iberia or swiss air?

www.vueling.com I have flown with a number of times and no complaints, and for a two hour flight why waste money

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,740 posts
3,569 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: vuelling, iberia or swiss air?

niks:

I fly Vueling all the time and have never had a problem with them.

Actually this company is owned by Iberia and they code share.

Edited: 27 March 2012, 05:02
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,195 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: vuelling, iberia or swiss air?

Keep in mind that Vueling has addl costs such as checked-in luggage (10-15 €), use of credit card etc.

BARCELONA.SPAIN
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: vuelling, iberia or swiss air?

I have used Swiss several times with no problem at all. Service very nice

Just take into account the possible additional charges of Vueling and compare with Swiss

Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,788 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: vuelling, iberia or swiss air?

Vueling are reliable, comfortable and good value.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: vuelling, iberia or swiss air?

Vueling /Iberia are most likely the same flight (and probably the same price when you add it all)

Swiss is OK too.

There is virtually no differences with these companies. I would choose the cheapest or the one with the most convenient timetable.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,922 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: vuelling, iberia or swiss air?

Personal choice would be Swiss especially if its an Iberia flight.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
185 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: vuelling, iberia or swiss air?

I hate Swiss Air. I would not pay extra to fly with them. They have poor customer service and the flight attendants are quite rude.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,195 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: vuelling, iberia or swiss air?

I could say the same thing about Iberia too. Or Air Canada.

I wanted to punch out the AC flight attendant who rudely insisted that my son's Asian noodles - liberally garnished with tiny squares of whitish crunchy things - were covered with garlic and NOT chopped peanuts. When I asked him to check with the other attendants, he came back, whisked the tray away and didn't bother to utter a single word of apology. My son has an anaphylatic allergy to peanuts.

Miami, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
5,364 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: vuelling, iberia or swiss air?

How picky are the low cost carriers in terms of allowing you to bring on carry-on luggage vs. 'forcing' you to check your luggage so they can collect a fee ??

The reason I ask is because I am looking at Vuelling and Wizzair for a flight from BCN to Prague and need to determine if I should prepay for 1 piece of carry on luggage or take my chances and face the risk of having to pay more should the gate agent decide it's too big.

In general, I prefer carrying on my luggage at all times--not because I am cheap, but because it saves me time and I am always fearful an airline will lose my luggage....here in the US, many of the carriers are becoming inceasingly an*l retentive. My carry-on piece fits in the overhead bin the way the airlines want it to; however, in many instances I am forced, at check-in, to put it in a baggage sizer that is considerably smaller than the overhead bin space and I am forced to check my bag so the airline can collect additional revenue.

Is it like this with WizzAir and Vuelling and would I be better off pre-paying for luggage even though it is possible my bag might fit in the overhead bin with no problems and at no additional cost???

Thanks

Edited: 29 March 2012, 04:48