We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palace of Catalan Music

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Palace of Catalan Music

We would like to book a concert and/or tour at this beautiful concert hall while we're in Barcelona April 19-21. I've looked online but cannot find out how to purchase tickets online (in advance). Even the Musica Catalana's website doesn't provide that information. Any suggestions? Do we have to wait until we're in Barcelona and then book a tour or concert tickets?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,178 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palace of Catalan Music

Hola GrandmaJo!

You can buy both daytime guided tour tickets AND concert tickets online. Here's the link to the Palau's website (it's in the Top Q as well).

1) Choose English settings (top right corner).

2) Click on 'Programmation and Sale of Tickets' (top right, next to Facebook icon).

http://www.palaumusica.org/

If you need any help, you can send me a private message by clicking on my screen name (Gigis_mum, highlighted in blue).

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palace of Catalan Music

Of course you can purchase your tickets online using the correct website (www.palaumusica.org/), it is in English. Just follow the proceedure, there are 4 steps. You can collect your tickets at the ticket window. Make sure you have the credit card you use to buy the tickets with you when you go to pick them up.

Lincoln, Nebraska
Level Contributor
3 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palace of Catalan Music

Does anyone know if there are concerts here at the end of June/beginning of July? I've emailed them and haven't heard back, and the calendar doesn't go that far. Maybe it's too soon to book for that time?

Just wondering if the concerts go on hiatus around that time or anything. Thanks in advance for any input.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palace of Catalan Music

As far as I know, thePalau de la Música Catalana goes 12 months/year. Here is the schedule for June 2012:

…palaumusica.org/Home/…en_GB.do

You'll have to wait until they post the July 2012 schedule.

Ontario
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palace of Catalan Music

Found the website. Thanks.

Arenas de San...
Level Contributor
706 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Palace of Catalan Music

I am trying to buy tickets, but am confused about the seats. Which are the *best* seats? The prices are all the same (12E?) which seems very cheap. Maybe its not such a good concert?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,178 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Palace of Catalan Music

Amelie,

I would take the seats on the top floor, from which you can better admire the stained glass roof.

What concert are you thinking about?

USA
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Palace of Catalan Music

We had seats on the first floor, central stalls in March and they were incredible seats (we were first row of that section, dead center--tough to beat!). You can see so much detail of the building, and you have a lovely view of the stage. When we took the tour later that week, our guide suggested that the best seats in the house were first or second floor, central stalls.

Last November I was much further back on the second floor; there is not much that you can see from there.

That is a fairly low price. Is it a matinee? Is it in the sala de concerts, or the Petit Palau (I don't know that those are cheaper, just trying to understand the 12 euros for all seats)?

I took my mother to both a concert and on the guided tour, and she thoroughly appreciated having both experiences. If you can fit that into your schedule, I highly recommend it (but then, it's my favorite site in Barcelona).

Arenas de San...
Level Contributor
706 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Palace of Catalan Music

Thanks, I don't remember the original concert that has the 12E tickets, but the one we are considering now are the Mardango or similar. I believe they are a guitar group(Google translate to the rescue again). This one is more expensive, and the cheaper tickets seem to be at the sides and corners. To be honest, we are more interested in the building than the music or watching the musicians, so we just might land up going for the guided tour. Does the tour take you to the different levels of the gallery?

north carolina
Level Contributor
278 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Palace of Catalan Music

(thanks to the info on this website!), I just bought seats for a June 20 concert -that appears - if I am translating correctly - to be a benefit concert for Multiple Sclerosis and is a Night of Gospel Music. It appears to be in the main hall and start at 8:30 (I say all that in case anyone who is a native speaker would be so kind as to confirm). Anyway, the price was only 10 euros plus 1 euro commission. We got seats in the front row, second floor - which look fantastic to me. I am very excited to go! Will we be out of place if we are not in terribly fancy dress. We are trying to pack lightly and the kids - for example - are likely to be in shorts/clean shirts while I will try to be in a skirt or dress.