We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help with itinerary

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
salsameisje
Level Contributor
155 posts
Save Topic
Need help with itinerary

Hello,

I will be visiting Barcelona in may together with my 65 year old mum.

Who can help me with my itinerary. I have some places that I do want to visit. And need some help to put them into order for me (as I don't know the locations).

First of all our time table:

*Saturday: Arivall at the airport at 8:15 in the morning. We can only enter our appartment in the Gotic district at 13:00. So we need a place to put our suitcases. Please advise on that. We can check in between 13:00 and 18:00 so inbetween we would like to do/see some nice things.

*Sunday: Full day.

*Monday: Full day.

*Tuesday: Flight leaves at 15:20 and we would like to do some things at forehand. And put our suitcases in a locker.

The things we would like to do, in no specific order:

*Magic fountains (preferably when it is dark)

*Montserrat (and hopefully we can also squeeze in an activity in the late afternoon)

*Flamenco show at Los Tarantas

*Cosmo Caixa museum ( heard it is open till 20:00, so preferably we would like to go from 16:00 till 20:00 if possible in planning)

*Casa Mila

*Cathedrale Santa Maria del Mar

*La Bouqueria market

*Sagrada de Familia

*Cemetery Poblenou or Cemetary Montjuic

*Park de Guell

*Fountain at parc de la Ciutadella

*eat crepes at Belgious

I hope you can help me with my planning and how to get from one to the other (either by foot or public transportation) also recomendations on a place to sit down for a drink or places to eat are very welcome.

Thank you very much!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,095 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help with itinerary

Hola salsameisje!

Sorry but I think you are being too ambitious for such a short visit, especially with your mum. Many of the places you want to see are so far away from each other.

1) Montserrat is out of town completely and will require 1+ hr train one-way. You need at least 5 hrs for this.

2) Cosmocaixa is at the foot of Mt. Tibidabo. You can take the FGC L7 train from Placa Catalunya and then a short taxi ride.

3) Some buses do go to the cemetery of Montjuic but you don't have much time. Better to take a taxi. Here's a map of Montjuic. The cemetery is not labelled but it's represented by the grey cross. The Magic Fountain is on the other side, with all the more popular tourist sites.

siabarcelona.com/RutaMontjuic-ht/MontjuicENG…

4) The Magic Fountain is operational at night and NOT every night. Don't know when you are visiting. Pls look at the schedule linked in the Top Question - When can I see the Magic Fountain?

USE A GOOGLE MAP TO GROUP YOUR ATTRACTIONS BY AREA. The google map can help you plan your transportation too. Just click on the bus or metro icon to see the detail of the route.

http://www.barcelonamaps.info/touristmap.php

Edited: 31 March 2012, 21:39
salsameisje
Level Contributor
155 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help with itinerary

Thank you very much for your reply. But I was hoping some one could help me with a planning. People who have been in Barcelona or live(d) there will be able to help me with a planning.

It will same me hours and hours of searching the internet and making a planning for our trip.

Kindest regards Maria

3. Re: Need help with itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2013, 10:27