We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many airports in Barcelona

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,003 posts
231 reviews
Save Topic
How many airports in Barcelona

How many airports are there in Barcelona - i am confused and not sure where to fly to - i have never been before and am looking for a 3 night stay site seeing - Thanks

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
32,318 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How many airports in Barcelona

Barcelona has only one airport "El Prat" ,other regional airports at Reus and Girona.

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,003 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How many airports in Barcelona

how far away are these other 2 airports - i can get a local flight to Girona but would it take me long to get to Barcelona itself - thanks again, Pat

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
32,318 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How many airports in Barcelona

Should you be arriving on a Ryanair flight into Girona airport, Barcelona bus connects with the flight for the journey of 1.45 hours to barcelona

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
16,161 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How many airports in Barcelona

As Nurioopta says there is only one airport in Barcelona unless you are Ryanair who have a different view of geography to the rest of the world. They call both Reus and Girona Barcelona, though they are both over 60 miles away (one to the north one to the south).

As also said there are buses geared to the arrival and departure of Ryanair flights but according to the Sagales website the journey should be around 1¼ hours, most of the 60 miles or so is motorway.

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,003 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How many airports in Barcelona

Thankyou everyone the info is really helpfull.

Amsterdam, The...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: How many airports in Barcelona

which airport is barcelona ,br.We are taking Trans avia flight

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
16,161 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How many airports in Barcelona

as above there is only one airport in Barcelona, its code is BCN, I believe Transavia are currently using Terminal 2

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
21,421 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How many airports in Barcelona

Bus connections between Girona and Barcelona Estacio del Nord bus station are very good but anyone booking a flight to Reus should be aware that the bus service to/from Barcelona is less than satisfactory (not transport for every flight). There are trains from Reus (town centre) to Barcelona but not a great alternative

Mentioned in this post
Nord
Nord
Hauts-de-France, France
Cesis, Latvia
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: How many airports in Barcelona

Hello, I have got the flight Riga - Barcelona(BCN) - air Baltic and with Ryanair Barcelona T2 (BCN) - Tenerife South(TFS).

Just, would like to be sure - this BCN really is one and the same airport...

Thank You!

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
13,119 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How many airports in Barcelona

BCN is the airport code so it is the same airport. You may need to switch terminals dependent upon where the Riga flight lands.