We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palau Musica - concerts - advice

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Palau Musica - concerts - advice

Hello all,

could you please help me to choose between these two concerts:

05/05 - Ravel,Bolero Rimski Korsakov SHEREZADE, Dukas

Orquestra Estatal Ucrainesa Natalia Ponomarchuk, directora

06/05 - Flamenc a Barcelona. Gran Gala Flamenc. Los Palos del Flamenc.

I don't mind classic/flamenco, as long as the quality of the music/musicians is good.

Thanks in advance!

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palau Musica - concerts - advice

The quality of the music/musicians is always good in the Palau, you may like or not the music styles.

If it was me, and I had only these 2 to choose from... I would probably go to the Classical concert on 05/05... but just because I do not care about Flamenco (unless I'm in Sevilla or Jerez) :)

However, if I was a tourist, I probably choose the Gran Gala Flamenca, as at least is Spanish music. The founders of the Palau are probably revolting in their tombs, LOL... but that show has got some good reviews on this same forum.

London, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palau Musica - concerts - advice

Thanks! Maybe I will go to the classic on saturday and to the El Tablao de Carmen on Sunday!

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palau Musica - concerts - advice

This sounds like a good plan! For a flamenco show, I believe El Tablao de Carmen will be a more complete experience (and relatively more "authentic") than the Palau.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,195 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palau Musica - concerts - advice

I agree with Belsaita. El Tablao de Carmen puts on a good quality show. The room is not so big and you get free admission to the Poble Espanyol (check out the Spanish architecture and artisanal stores). Don't buy the dinner+show ticket. If you are going after May, you can catch the Magic Fountain show before or after flamenco.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g187497-d244…

London, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palau Musica - concerts - advice

Guys, I'm sorry, but I need your help again! I tried to purchase my tickets to palau de la musica, through ticketmaster and they didn't accept my credit card. It said that I need a "national card".... well... I don't have an spanish credit card. Do you have any idea what I should do?

Thanks again!

Level Contributor
7,832 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Palau Musica - concerts - advice

I booked ours right on their website and it took my non national card with no problem.

London, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Palau Musica - concerts - advice

But I went to their website, but the "buy ticket" bottom takes me to the ticketmaster website...

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
185 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Palau Musica - concerts - advice

I'm in the U.S and purchased tickets on their site with my credit card with no problem.

Level Contributor
7,832 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Palau Musica - concerts - advice

I just reviewed what I did on their site and my confirmation and as far as I can tell this is direct with them and no indication of "ticketmaster" on anything. Make sure you are going to their website directly which is very detailed in terms of picking your exact seat etc. I think you must be on another third party site? Good luck.

London, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Palau Musica - concerts - advice

Sorry to disturb you, but if you have the time, just check the concert on 5 of May, Bolero de Ravel.... the only option I can find is through the ticketmaster website. Can you see something else?

Cheers!