We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

itinerary for Spain

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
24 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
itinerary for Spain

My husband I want to visit Spain next Jan. or Feb. We will have 10 days to travel the country. I would appreciate recommendations for our itinerary. We would be interested in possibly visiting 3 different cities/regions. How would you suggest we divide up our time? Is a day trip over to Morocco too much to include? Thanks!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
30,556 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: itinerary for Spain

Madrid, you can visit by train Toledo or Segovia www.renfe.es

Renfe train Madrid to Seville

A day trip to Tangier Bus Seville to Algeciras, www.linesur.com

Bus Algeciras to Tarifa www.tgcome.es

Ferry Tarifa to Tangier www.frs.es

Flights Seville to Barcelona www.vueling.com

You could check for an openjaw air ticket, fly into Madrid and out of Barcelona. Vueling also flies Barcelona to Madrid

Accommodation www.venere.com

www.madrid-tourist-guide.com

www.andalucia.com/cities/sevilla.htm

www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
58,545 posts
3,577 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: itinerary for Spain

jamom:

I would spend 3 days in Barcelona and then take the AVE to Madrid for 6 days. Read Buying Renfe Tickets Online.

In Madrid, you can stay 4 days and do one day trip to Toledo and another to Segovia. Read the top questions in the Madrid forum about day trips.

Take the AVE to Seville and stay 3 days.

You do not have time to go to Morocco.

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
11,839 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: itinerary for Spain

I've visited Morocco from Spain during a 10 day trip. Tangier from Tarifa as mentioned by Nurioopta is an easy day trip, although Tangier is probably not the most interesting/representative place in Morocco and Tarifa is very pleasant. A flight to Fez or Marrakech with an overnight stop might be more rewarding but would be two days out of your itinerary.

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
11,839 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: itinerary for Spain

Actually, if you flew, say Barcelona - Marrakech then Marrakech to Madrid, for example, it would really only be one day because you would utilise the day travelling from Barcelona to Madrid differently.

Northampton, MA
Level Contributor
3,823 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: itinerary for Spain

For a first trip to Spain, I would stay in Seville, visit Cordoba, stay in Ronda or

Malaga one night, Granada for two and end up in Madrid for three. I would save the Barcelona area for another trip. I would not try to see the whole country in 10 days.

6. Re: itinerary for Spain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 21:41