We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best smaller towns to stay in

NC
Level Contributor
55 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Best smaller towns to stay in

My husband and I travel to Europe each year with another couple and always rent a villa for 2 or 3 weeks in a smaller town, close enough to the bigger cities to visit the museums and "don't miss" sites, but far enough away to feel that we are avoiding the hectic atmosphere and traffic of the cities on a daily basis. For example, we have stayed in the countryside near Vence, France and Cortona, Italy.

We want to have a similar experience in Spain next spring or fall. We have visited Barcelona in the past, so would like to see another part of the country. Any destination suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,670 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best smaller towns to stay in

We've only spent a few weeks in Spain, so I'm no expert, but for starters I'll suggest one of the Pueblos Blancos. Lots of gorgeous touring to do right there, plus you'd be close enough to Granada, Sevilla, and a few other spots.

2. Re: Best smaller towns to stay in

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 20:16