We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aerobus from catalunya or espanya?

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
126 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Aerobus from catalunya or espanya?

One website says to catch it from espanya rather than catalunya when going to the airport because there are less people waiting. My mind can't get around the logic though because surely when the aerobus gets to espanya it will be rammed with people from catalunya??? My flight leaves soon. Any help would be great :)

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,220 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aerobus from catalunya or espanya?

I have caught the Aerobus from Catalunya several times and it has never been full, often there have only been a handful of people on it. As Catalunya is the terminus there are often two or three buses lined up at the stop, as soon as one leaves the next is available for boarding. Just make sure you get on the right bus for your terminal

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
6,324 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aerobus from catalunya or espanya?

as Doffcocker said Aerobus is never full so just go to the closest stop to your hotel/appartment/...

Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
Level Contributor
3,420 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aerobus from catalunya or espanya?

The bus I got from Plaça d'Espanya is a regular bus, Bus 46, which starts from here and goes to the airport. Although it does stop very often for the first half of the journey, once it gets out of the city it does make very good progress. It took about 30 mins - this was leaving at about 12:30pm on a weekday.

I actually got on at the official starting point on Paral.lel just before the Plaça, with a couple of others - then several more got on at the Plaça d'Espanya roundabout itself. A few clever people actually got on before me on the opposite side of Paral.lel at was must have been the terminus stop for the incoming bus.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,112 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aerobus from catalunya or espanya?

well, by the time in gets to Espanya it sometimes is full. I stood all the way recently (just before Whit); but with A2 it's not a question of waiting for the next one as they run every 10 mins or so.

However I live near Espanys so won't make my way to Catalunya to guarantee a seat!

London, United...
Level Contributor
126 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aerobus from catalunya or espanya?

Thank you all! And I have a Ticket (return aerobus) and it says I have to redeem as its not a ticket. Does anyone know where from? Is it just by the bus driver?

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,112 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aerobus from catalunya or espanya?

yes, you just show it to the driver and he gives you another ticket.

Rather weird system it strikes me, and it's such a flimsy bit of paper it's easy to mislay in the meantime. Perhaps that's what they want, why isn't it a bit of thin card like the T-10 I wonder?

7. Re: Aerobus from catalunya or espanya?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 21:41