We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report 3 nights in Barcelona

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report 3 nights in Barcelona

We arrived late Sunday evening so used the aerobus which is cheap and easy to use to get to our hotel. We pretty much made our way straight out and visited the magic fountain. Wow the whole area is beautiful wish we had more time. We found a little grassy patch and watched the 9pm show with a glass of sangria from a little stall. The show was cheesy in the fact that it had lion king music playing but also amazing. What a brilliant free attraction. We then talked up to poble espanyol where we had got tickets to see a flamenco show. Tablao del carmen was brilliant. They are so talented. We were absolutely mesmerised by their performances. We bought the sangria and tapas ticket. The sangria was good but tapas wasn't really. But we got central front stage tickets so worth booking this in advance as I did. Got a taxi back to hotel straight from here but wish we'd walked back down to the magic fountain because the area looks even better in the night when it's all lit up, which we saw from the back of the taxi.

Monday we used the metro and arrived at plaza sant Jaume where we met our guide for fat tire bike tour at 11am. It was a bike tour that lasted about 4 hours. Definite highlight of my trip. Riding through the streets of Barcelona felt great and Buddha our guide brought the Catalonian history to life. So we saw plaza del rei, la cathedral, Palau de la musica Catalonia, la sagrada familia, parc de la ciutadella, arc de triomf, and meal on the beach. After the tour we returned to the beach and relaxed with more sangria. Great weather so we didnt leave the beach tip almost 7pm and got a little lost on our way back to our hotel in eixample area. We did however find a fab cake shop while we were lost so had carrot cake and cava. Think it might have been called Claire's place. Really pretty little place. We were so tired that evening but hungry so we made the mistake of going to la ramblas as we thought it would just be easier. Really wasn't my thing. Overpriced rubbish and not a particularly nice environment. Did find a nice little car just off labramblas and we had another glass of lovely cava! So not all bad.

Tuesday - metro back down to la ramblas this time so we could walk round la boqueria food market which I really enjoyed. So colourful got lots of nice photos and lots of nice nibbles. Some stall holders will try and rip you off though, we found it better if buying weighed produce to explain how much you want to spend, otherwise they overcharge. Brilliant hour or so here though. We then got the metro and went to the parc guell as we wanted to see more of Gaudis work. Great views over Barcelona here aswell and spent a few hours. We decided to treat ourselves so went to Los caracoles and hadvavlively meal, which was per planned and not easy to get to from parc guell but glad we went. We were back in the hotel for 5 pm so we could take our time getting ready. We were at el examoanyet for cava nd lots of lovely tapas for 7:30 and then went to palace of Catalan music which was stunning. We got seats on the third floor so we could really admire our surroundings. String quartet was playing which is not my style of music but I really enjoyed it. Lots of locals in here. Brilliant evening.

Wednesday. Home today. We walked passeig de Garcia as we wanted to see la pedrera and casa batllo. Unfortunately didn't get time to tour the buildings. We then travelled down to barcelonetta area and got on the cable cars which we fun and again great views from the top. A final stop at la boqueria before we left for nibbles for the airport.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
59,117 posts
3,577 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report 3 nights in Barcelona

Good report!

2. Re: Trip report 3 nights in Barcelona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 23:15