We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First timer - any tours I need to book in advance?

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, TX
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
First timer - any tours I need to book in advance?

I will be coming to Barcelona in early August and will have 3 full days in the city. Are there any tours that you'd suggest but I might need to book in advance. One in particular that comes to mind would be some winery tours if available. Any suggestions?

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First timer - any tours I need to book in advance?

We've just gpt back from a short break in the city - and really enjoyed it.

Our 2 favourite places to see were Sagrada familia and Casa Batllo. You can book tickets for both of these in advance and print your tickets before you get there. You will have to choose a day and time for SF but I think the other one is open ended. The advantage of taking tickets with you is that you can avoid the queues - and the one for SF particularly can be VERY long!

Have a good trip!

Dallas
Level Contributor
68 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First timer - any tours I need to book in advance?

On our 3 day stop in Barcelona (girls trip) in June, we found it helpful to have a private tour. The cost was around 200 euro for 4 hours and the nice thing is it can be tailored to your interest in Barcelona or outside.

You would want to book a private tour in advance.

In case you are interested and this is one of many choices, we toured with Jose who owns Pepitotours. His website is

www.pepitotours.com

Have fun!

Edited: 15 July 2012, 18:56
Miami, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
5,340 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First timer - any tours I need to book in advance?

I highly recommend Brightside sidecar motorcycle tour--worth every penny. I took a half day tour; others raved about the night tours

Wayne, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,979 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First timer - any tours I need to book in advance?

You could check out Spanish Trails

http://www.spanish-trails.com/

On the other hand you may want to spend the 3 days in Barcelona and the wineries will be there for your next trip.

5. Re: First timer - any tours I need to book in advance?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2012, 00:15
Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,092 posts
3,501 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First timer - any tours I need to book in advance?

PJS:

I would book ahead online for the Sagrada Familia Church and the Palau de la Musica Catalana.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First timer - any tours I need to book in advance?

I just got back from Barcelona and found that as long as you turn up relatively early queues are not very bad and most sites offer a free audioguide such as Casa Batllo and Palau Gueel but you have to pay more for Sagrada Familia's

8. Re: First timer - any tours I need to book in advance?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2013, 10:17