We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Special Restaurant?

Broadstairs, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Special Restaurant?

Good evening!

I have booked a surprise weekend to Barcelona for my boyfriend's 30th in February. I would like to book a table at a nice restaurant on the Saturday night but I have no idea where to start.

I know he would be impressed if I could book somewhere with a Michelin star - any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

USA
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Special Restaurant?

What kind of food are you interested in? (traditional or modern? Catalan or other?) And what is your budget? That information will help folks give you useful recommendations.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
27,355 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Special Restaurant?

For tapas come into Ciudad Condal.

Broadstairs, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Special Restaurant?

That's a good point - thank you!

We will be easy on what we eat, although somewhere with a choice would be better as he likes seafood but I am not too keen on it. Price wise - I have a few months to save up and I'd like it to be a special meal, so I am not too worried. The main thing is he gets a special experience - he loves watching Masterchef and I'd love to be able to take him to a Michelin starred restaurant so he can have a fine dining experience! It's his 30th birthday so it'd be nice to get dressed up and go somewhere a bit posh!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,878 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Special Restaurant?

Cinc Sentits is the one I have my eye on. ;-)

Broadstairs, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Special Restaurant?

Thanks Nicoleta, that looks about right for us too! I am so excited, I just want it to be perfect! Are you going soon? Would love to know what you think of it!

USA
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Special Restaurant?

I've only been to one Michelin starred restaurant in Barcelona but have been twice: Alkimia. Both meals were wonderful, service was fantastic, really liked the decor.

Not Michelin starred, but certainly special: You could try to get a reservation at Tickets.

There are some very thorough reviews and discussions of good Barcelona restaurants at http://chowhound.chow.com/boards/50

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,277 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Special Restaurant?

Cinc Sentits, Alkimia, Dos Cielos, Moments, Moo…

Have a look at their websites too. That will give you an idea of their style and prices.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,878 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Special Restaurant?

Hi Amylea, yes I'm planning on going to Cinc Sentits when I'm next in BCN in September. I'd like to have the Sensacions tasting menu, possible with the wine pairing (to those of you who have been there do you think that the wine pairing is worth it?). Although Alkimia also looks very appealing and has been recommended to me by a foodie friend. Also, if your BF loves seafood, a colleague of mine was raving about Els Pescadors and called it the best fish restaurant he's ever been to (and he's very hard to please), so you might want to check that one out as well. Looks like your BF is in for a real treat! :-)

Broadstairs, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Special Restaurant?

Thank you for all the replies. At the moment I am probably going to take him to Cinc Sentits as it looks to be our kind of place, food and price wise, plus I am happy with the reviews on here! Would love to hear from you after your trip, Nicoleta.

Talk soon!

10. Re: Special Restaurant?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2013, 10:17