We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in Barcelona- Need Help

Hauppauge, New York
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels in Barcelona- Need Help

I am coming for my honeymoon in a few months. What are the nice hotels in the good location? The location should be near La Ramblas and after doing alot of research on the hotels ranked high on this site, they seem more like 3-4 star than 5 star hotels and Le Meridien seems to be in the center of it all but the rooms look old and outdated and small.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a luxurious hotel that is within walking distance to the major tourist areas?

thanks

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,286 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels in Barcelona- Need Help

Hola scott,

Most of the luxury hotels are concentrated along Passeig de Gracia, in L'Eixample. They include the Mandarin Oriental, Hotel Majestic, Casa Fuster Hotel etc. Near the waterfront, there are the Arts, the W, the Pullman Barcelona Skipper etc. The waterfront is beautiful but it's a bit removed from the centre of town and you might even forget that you're in Barcelona.

Imho, the nicest part of town is NOT on La Rambla. That tends to be a bit touristy and tacky. Le Meridien is very nice and the service in the restaurant is absolutely excellent (great menu del dia too) but as you have said, the rooms are not great. If you really want to stay on La Rambla, consider Hotel Bagues or Hotel 1898. For the very best price-quality ratio, check out Hotel Jazz and get a corner suite. It's near Placa Catalunya, just above La Rambla and below L'Eixample.

Northampton, MA
Level Contributor
3,957 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels in Barcelona- Need Help

Hotel Colon is really good, in a romantic location in front of the cathedral where the locals dance the Sardana twice a week. 5 minute walk to Las ramblas which I think is a freakshow. There is a very romantic medieval palace next to the Picasso museum which is a lounge at night, very nice.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels in Barcelona- Need Help

Hi Scott,

I don't know much about spain, but just so you know I booked Le Meridien Barcelona on Priceline for 157$/night which I thought was a decent price for the hotel level and location. I'll be back in September to review it!

4. Re: Hotels in Barcelona- Need Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 July 2012, 19:35
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,286 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels in Barcelona- Need Help

Leeleewan,

That's very interesting intel about Priceline and Le Meridien! Thanks for sharing. I'm from Toronto too, btw.

Miami, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
5,632 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels in Barcelona- Need Help

I would add the Alma to the list of hotels provided by Gigis_Mum....perfect location on a quiet street right next to 2 of the major Gaudi buildings and close proximity to everything on Passeig de Gracia with huge rooms and fantastic service.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
7,238 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels in Barcelona- Need Help

on top La Rambla area there are lots of 4 and 5 * hotels.

Le Meridien

Montecarlo

Royal

Casa Camper

Bagues

Regina

Pullitzer

Olivia

Silken ramblas

Miami, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
5,632 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels in Barcelona- Need Help

one more (to confuse you further) that would make your list and would be not too far from Las Ramblas, but not in it, that is a great hotel:

Ohla Hotel

http://www.ohlahotel.com/en/

9. Re: Hotels in Barcelona- Need Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2013, 10:18