We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parc Guell with elderly parent

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Redwood City...
Level Contributor
84 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Parc Guell with elderly parent

Hi,

I'll be traveling with my dad who is 79 and in decent shape, but with arthritis in his hip. I'd like to take a taxi to the "top" of Parc Guell and walk down so it is easier on him. Can someone tell me where we should have the taxi let us off so that we are walking mostly downhill but still seeing the important sites within the park? I cannot find a good map of the park's interior with sites noted anywhere. Thanks!

Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
Level Contributor
3,519 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parc Guell with elderly parent

Hi, I suggest you enter via the gate on Carratera del Carmel.

This is the gate you'd enter if you catch the #24 bus. There is a coach/car park there so plenty of room to get dropped off. It is mostly all downhill from here, unless you want to go up to the 3 crosses.

Have you looked at the map on the official website?

http://www.parkguell.es/en/guia.php

The entrance I mention is the one on the right-hand side of the map where there is a curve in the road. You can also see the bus stop/coach park outside the gate on Google Streetview although you cannot see the park entrance that clearly, but it will be obvious when you arrive.

Redwood City...
Level Contributor
84 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parc Guell with elderly parent

Thanks BayB0y

3. Re: Parc Guell with elderly parent

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2013, 10:15