We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All day in Barcelona with luggage!

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
All day in Barcelona with luggage!

Does anyone have a suggestion on what to do when my overnight flight arrives in the early AM but my host will not be home until 8:30 PM? I have "carry on" luggage, so I was contemplating a solution would be to just ride around on one of those "hop on hop off" tour buses. My host suggested checking my luggage near Placa Catalunya. Will it be secure if I do that? I dread the whole day because I am usually worn out after a long plane trip.

Wayne, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,943 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All day in Barcelona with luggage!

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g187497-s301/Barcel…

There is mention of storage around The Rambla.

2. Re: All day in Barcelona with luggage!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 September 2012, 10:22
3. Re: All day in Barcelona with luggage!

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 September 2012, 10:23
4. Re: All day in Barcelona with luggage!

Removed on: 01 September 2012, 10:49
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
23,958 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All day in Barcelona with luggage!

Hola semsemaya,

Locker Barcelona is one of several options and it is already included in the Top Question, linked by Pontevecchio.

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
11,149 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All day in Barcelona with luggage!

Alternatively, provided you don't mind a ride back on the metro, using the consignia at Sants Station is very secure, very easy to get to (Direct train from the airport) and for hand luggage, €3.50 for the day.

You could then relax for the rest of the day and hopefully by the time it came to pick it up again your confidence will have improved. I've a feeling that the hoho bus stops somewhere near Sants as well.

Not as convenient for meeting your friend as Placa de Catalunya but perhaps simpler.

London
13 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: All day in Barcelona with luggage!

I have been in a similar situation, although the other way round. Checked out of the hotel at 10.00am and flight at 10 pm!

So we went to Sants station and hired lockers there. Big one costs 5 euro, small 3.50. We took 2 big ones, so can't say about small, but big one will accommodate a big suitcase and a hand baggage as well. You insert the coins and, turn the key, then take the key with you.

I was very pleased with this solution, as it gave us whole day sightseeing with no luggage.

And yes, Bus Turistic stops near Sants, used this as well.

8. Re: All day in Barcelona with luggage!

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2013, 10:15