We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary comments please - 4 days

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
Level Contributor
97 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary comments please - 4 days

Planning our first trip to Europe that covers Barcelona, Madrid and Paris over 15 days. This is the Barcelona leg. Hopefully we have covered all the main sights. We like shopping, interesting sights but not too many museums :) Any comments & suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

Day 1 (Mon)

* Arrive in the morning

* Casa Batlló

* La Pedrera (Casa Milà)

* Shopping around Passeig de Gracia, Rambla de Catalunya, Avingunda Diagonal

We might be quite worn out from a 14 hour flight so I'm not sure how much we can cover.

Day 2 (Tues)

* Sagrada Familia

* Park Güell

* La Ribera/ El Born

* Mercat de Santa Catarina

* Palau de la Música Catalana

Day 3 (Wed)

* Mercat Del Encants

* La Boqueria

* La Rambla

I think there is some free time on this day and on Thursday. Of course we can always spend time wandering around on shopping streets but I wonder if we should spend a day less in Barcelona and move on to Madrid a day earlier?

Day 4 (Thur)

* Barri Gotic

* Catedral de la Seu - outdoor flea market

Day 5 (Fri)

Check out in the morning --> Madrid by train: Barcelona (Sants)>Madrid (Atocha)

1. Re: Itinerary comments please - 4 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 21:55
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
520 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary comments please - 4 days

Day 2is heavy. Combine rambles with barri gothic and split sagrada and guell. We are in Barcelona right now - day 2 of a 4day plan. Check out my itinerary for some suggestions

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,836 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary comments please - 4 days

Yes, you're definitely trying to cram too much into the Tuesday. I'd move the visit to the Palau de la Musica Catalana to the Wednesday or Thursday. I can't see the Magic Foutain on your itinerary. I recommend going there one evening as well. On Wednesday I'd do the Boqueria first thing in the morning, maybe head there for breakfast and get out there before it gets too busy, then walk down Ramblas and do the market afterwards.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
97 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary comments please - 4 days

Thanks for the comments! Yes I did think Tuesday looked a bit heavy. I've revised it now and hopefully this works better. Great post on your blog familyof4travels! I did enjoy the read.

Day 2 (Tues)

* Sagrada Familia

* Park Güell

Day 3 (Wed)

* La Boqueria

* La Rambla

* Mercat Del Encants

* La Ribera/ El Born

Day 4 (Thur)

* Barri Gotic

I thought the Magic Fountain seemed like something for kids but with some research it looks good! But then it turns out that the Magic Fountain only operates Friday and Saturday evenings in autumn/winter :(

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,094 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary comments please - 4 days

Hola Shamic,

You've gotten some great advice from Fo4, Ankurk and Nicoleta. One more suggestion, use a map of the sights and Group Your Sightseeing By Area. No unnecessary zigzagging.

For example, on Day 2, you are up in L'Eixample paying homage to Senyor Gaudi and then you hop down to the Mercat de Santa Caterina. That's in La Ribera (listed on Day 3), near the Palau de la Musica (listed on Day 4). Unless you are staying in Barri Gotic and going home anyway, there's no reason to keep returning to Barri Gotic.

This Top Question - Where can I eat tapas? - contains a Google map with most of the sights you've listed. Hope it helps you identify the proximity of the sights.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187497-c159865/Barce…

Melbourne
Level Contributor
97 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinerary comments please - 4 days

Thanks Gigismum! I have been trying to group the sights actually but it looks Iike I haven't got a great idea of where everything is! I have also been trying to make sure the days are properly filled :)

It does look like a lot of stuff is located at Barri Gotic/ la Ribera. Would it possible to cover all in a day (say Thursday)? el Born seems to be an area with shops too so that might take up some time.

I am actually staying at Praktik Rambla and hopefully there is lots to see around there too!

Edited: 01 September 2012, 14:20
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,094 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Itinerary comments please - 4 days

Thanks for saying thanks, shamic.

I've re-arranged your itinerary. Let's see if this works... Btw, the Praktik Rambla is an excellent location on one of my favourite streets. Lots of upscale shopping (for me, window-shopping only) and great restaurants PLUS Gaudi's beautiful Casa Batllo and Casa Mila (La Pedrera) just a few blocks away on Passeig de Gracia.

Day 2 (Tues)

* Sagrada Familia

* Park Güell

Day 3 (Wed)

* Mercat Del Encants (am is best apparently)

* La Boqueria

* La Rambla

< Gaudi's first residential commission, Palau Guell, is near the bottom of La Rambla >

Day 4 (Thur)

* Barri Gotic (including La Ribera & El Born):

< suggest 2 hr Runnerbean free Walking Tour for most efficient view of this historical area's highlights >

And since you'll miss the Magic Fountain, a YouTube video:

www.youtube.com/watch…

8. Re: Itinerary comments please - 4 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 21:55
Melbourne
Level Contributor
97 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Itinerary comments please - 4 days

Thanks once again Gigismum for the suggestions & video! I will update my itinerary as suggested. That will put this part of my trip to bed for now and I can move on to planning for Madrid next!

One last question: is Placa Espanya worth adding on (anywhere if I still have time)? I read Ankurk's itinerary and noticed that I haven't got that.

Also thanks to familyof4travels for the tip :)

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,094 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Itinerary comments please - 4 days

Thanks for saying thanks, shamic.

Not that much to see at Placa Espanya, esp since you're not going to the Magic Fountain. When I take the Aerobus into town, I always look out for Pl Espanya and the red brick facade of the bullfighting arena turned shopping centre, Las Arenas. Once I see this area, I get all happy -- I'm in Barcelona again! Imo, it's more of a marker than a must see.