We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelona Music

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
11 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Barcelona Music

Hi my wife and I are looking for music one evening in two weeks. Something casual, maybe where we can have a drink. Not touristy. Could be any kind of music, just not touristy.

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Barcelona
Bar, Club & Pub Tours, City Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Barcelona Day Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours
BrightSide
City Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours, Private Tours
Barcelona Segway Glides
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Segway Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,898 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelona Music

If you like Flamenco, check out Tarantos, they do half hour shows 3 times an evening for about €8.

2. Re: Barcelona Music

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2015, 08:11
Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
4,130 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelona Music

I disagree, Flamenco is not a music only from Andalusia, and Catalonia (especially Barcelona) is a BIG flamenco hub, with great figures like for example flamenco singer Miguel Poveda.

Most flamenco you'll see (at least the ones offered 3 times a week) are touristy. For "real" flamenco, you need to wait for "real" concerts, just as any other rock or pop star will do. Most flamenco first names include a concert in Barcelona while their touring.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,898 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelona Music

I was just making a suggestion. I'm aware it's from Andalucia. ;-) I'd much prefer going to a smaller venue though than going to one of those big shows they put on for the tourists and charge loads of money for. Apart from that I am actually going to see my favourite Spanish singer (more pop/rock but with a slight flamenco influence) while I'm in BCN next week! :-)

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,295 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barcelona Music

rbfam,

I would go to Cafe Vienes inside Hotel Casa Fuster. They play jazz etc. The hotel itself is a Modernist architectural landmark.

http://cafevienesjazzclub.blogspot.ca/

Melbourne, Australia
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Barcelona Music

I know this is a bit late.. but for anyone else who checks this thread.. I would recommend the big bang bar in el raval or the pipa club in placa reial. Both offering live music on a sunday evening for free. The big bang bar has a "sunday session" in which different musicians swap and change through the night! the pipa club sees a jazz quartet play in a very unknown bar. You have to ring a doorbell to be let in.. Very cool. I went to both when I was last in Barcelona.. very good!

ati
cordoba, spain
Level Contributor
3,154 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Barcelona Music

This is a good place, too:

http://www.masimas.com/jamboree

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,295 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Barcelona Music

Hola Carla and Ati,

Thanks for sharing!

ati
cordoba, spain
Level Contributor
3,154 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Barcelona Music

It's my pleasure, Gigis. =)=)

I have excellent references about the place that I mention. The schedule, (IMO) is excellent, too.

10. Re: Barcelona Music

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 23:19