We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palau Musica Catalana problem

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Redwood City...
Level Contributor
84 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Palau Musica Catalana problem

I have been trying for the past week to purchase advance tickets on the Palau Musica website but have not been successful. I click on ticket sales, input my date and then click start. It says "please wait while content is loaded", and then a blank screen is shown. I have tried at different times of day and on different computers and always get a blank screen. Has anyone purchased tickets on the site recently? Am I doing something wrong?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,183 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palau Musica Catalana problem

Hola kimchi,

Are you buying tix for a concert or for the guided tour? I assume you're buying the guided tour tix and that system works just fine. I got as far as the credit card page. Try this link:

https:/…DefaultFramesVisitas.asp

It's in Catalan but the English version works too.

www.palaumusica.org

Edited: 12 September 2012, 00:57
Redwood City...
Level Contributor
84 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palau Musica Catalana problem

Thanks Gigis mum for your advise. I am trying to get tickets for the guided tour. Unfortunately, I still get the same problem even when I use your link. The weird part is I can purchase tickets for evening shows and events, I tried that link and it works fine. I just cannot get a calendar to come up for dates to choose a time for the guided tour. I've tried disabling pop-ups, etc.. I consider myself fairly internet savvy, but this one has me stumped! I will try to email them directly instead.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,183 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palau Musica Catalana problem

That's really weird. And you are sure that you clicked on the mauve-coloured "Guided Tours" and "Ticket Sales" balloons?

Usually they are good about replying to emails but in case you don't hear from them, it's generally not too hard to buy tickets for the guided tour at the ticket office.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,840 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palau Musica Catalana problem

Hi Kimchi, I pre-booked my tickets and had no problems. Are you doing the following:

Go to main website, choose English

Click on Guided Tours on the right

Click on Ticket Sales on the left

Click on the little calendar icon at the top for the calendar to pop up (you said this is where you're having a problem)

Then choose the date and time you want to go and which language

Enter quantity of tickets needed

Press Send Date then enter details (name, email, card no. etc)

If this is still not working try a different browser, eg. Google Chrome. Hope this works. Good luck!

New York
Level Contributor
2,324 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palau Musica Catalana problem

I bought a ticket for an evening performance in November on the website last week. I did not have any proplems.

Redwood City...
Level Contributor
84 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Palau Musica Catalana problem

Yea! This morning I tried it and the calendar came up right away so I think all is well. Thanks everyone!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,840 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Palau Musica Catalana problem

Glad you got there in the end! I'm going on Monday. Can't wait! :-)

8. Re: Palau Musica Catalana problem

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2013, 10:21