We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Magic Fountains/Nou Camp Tour imho

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
76 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Magic Fountains/Nou Camp Tour imho

Ohhh dear, went on the plana trip to Nou Camp/Magic Fountains...

What a disappointment!!!! The Nou Camp im affraid is just not "Nou" anymore... if you get the chance to visit the new wembley, its far far better! True, they have a huge museum, but its really not that good, the dressing room is more like a "tv show set" and the place needs renovating! as a big footie fan, id finished the tour in 35 mins!

And the fountains, having seen them twice before, I couldnt wait, omg, terrible... thousands of people, sitting in expectation... and well, what can I say! disjointed, out of sync, sound terrible, was I just unlucky and caught them on a bad night?

north carolina
Level Contributor
278 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Magic Fountains/Nou Camp Tour imho

when we saw the magic fountain, the first half hour was not very good. Same as you say - disjointed, not very colorful, so many people. But as it got fully dark, it seemed as though that first half hour was sort of a warm up and they got really much better. Also, we moved up much closer because despite the large number of people, there was still lots of room to get closer where the colors and sound were more spectacular. We ended up loving it so I hope that it was just a bad night when you went.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,309 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Magic Fountains/Nou Camp Tour imho

when I went to the see the fountains recently with some visiting friends the show didn't go on, at least nothing until 10 pm when water started running into the fountains and then there was some colour and movement but no music (at least not while we waited, in the end we went off to eat!)

For me this has always been a problem with the magic fountain, it's not always been clear when it was going to be on and you can get let down even when theoretically it should be working.

as for Camp Nou.....i'm not a football fan but still find the sheer size of the stadium amazing. And i enjoyed the museum looking at things like changes in graphic design etc.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,286 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Magic Fountains/Nou Camp Tour imho

I think the Font Magica show is totally worth the price of admission.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,309 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Magic Fountains/Nou Camp Tour imho

for newcomers to the forum and/or Barcelona Monsieur-Ghis is teasing you, there is no admission. But I do think it's annoying to go to see the fountain and then find it's not working when it should be.

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
11,183 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Magic Fountains/Nou Camp Tour imho

Lynda, you'll have to bite the bullet, accept the crowds and just come on Piromusical day. No technical hitches then. :)

edinburgh
Level Contributor
249 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Magic Fountains/Nou Camp Tour imho

I thought Nou Camp experience wonderful - maybe Stoke and appreciation of 'beautiful gemme' reflected in archived interactive material got lost in translation....!?

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
76 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Magic Fountains/Nou Camp Tour imho

Ah Ah ....Very droll, :o) ....and of course, Scotland is renown for its quality football, professionally run clubs, and sexy style of play! lmao

As I said, its my honest opinion, no point in blowin smoke up the preverbial if its not deserved, that was why I posted, to see if I was in the minority!

I hope one day to watch Barca play, and see if Rory Delap could fit into there system! lol

edinburgh
Level Contributor
249 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Magic Fountains/Nou Camp Tour imho

Nice one Steve- sure you'll learn to appreciate pace and exhilaration provided by Charlie Adam soon.... !

Edited: 14 September 2012, 18:02
9. Re: Magic Fountains/Nou Camp Tour imho

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2013, 10:20