We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Junta de Comerc - near La Ramblas

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Junta de Comerc - near La Ramblas

Hello - just considering booking a hotel on Junta de Comerc, however not sure how seedy this part of town is ? I do enjoy wondering off on my own first thing in the morning and would like to feel safe - friends staying in EL Raval so want to be quite close - Would the main street La Ramblas be a better option ? thanks for taking the time to give me a little advise

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
11,823 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Junta de Comerc - near La Ramblas

I don't think it is too bad. My son stayed in a hostel just around the corner from it, on Carrer de l'Hospital and we sat outside one of the cafes on the corner of Hospital and Comerc for an hour or so one p.m. whilst waiting for him. I don't think we walked down Comerc but would guess that the end near to Carrer de Sant Pau might be a little seedier.

Personally I would rather stay here than Las Ramblas but Las ramblas is only 5 minutes away.

Hampshire ,England
Level Contributor
560 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Junta de Comerc - near La Ramblas

We stayed at the hotel Principal which is that neck of the woods. It's not terrible- just a bit ethnic and could be any Spanish city not particularly Barcelona.

However Barcelona centre is pretty small and a 2 minute walk and you are in a different area.

Barcelona
Level Contributor
628 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Junta de Comerc - near La Ramblas

Around Carrer de l'hospital (= Junta de Comerç) is quite safe and you are only a step away from La Rambla which could be too noisy anyway.

4. Re: Junta de Comerc - near La Ramblas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 04:19