We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for a good street map

New York City, New...
12 posts
Save Topic
Suggestions for a good street map

Hi there

Any suggestions for good sturdy, easy to read and carry maps? We are staying in the Bari Gotic and I have read reviews that say some maps don't show all the streets there.

Thanks in advance!

Kamloops, BC...
Level Contributor
9,743 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for a good street map

Amazon.com has a good selection of maps of Barcelona. Two that I particularly like are StreetWise Barcelona - a laminated, pre-folded version that can take dry markers, and the Knopf city map guide, which might be the best for you if you want just one. In this map book, the city is divided into several areas and shops, restaurants, museums, etc. are highlighted on each area map.

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for a good street map

The tripadvisor app for iPhone/iPod has been brilliant for us. It is free and works offline... It downloads the maps etc before you go so you dont have to have Internet or data allowance. It includes points of interest, metro stops and reviews on everywhere. Best thing I've taken to Barcelona for sure!

Medford, Oregon
Level Contributor
760 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions for a good street map

We love Streetwise maps and always use them for all of our trips (for cities that streetwise has made a map for.

www.fromhometoroam.com

London, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions for a good street map

Amnesia180 - can you tell me how top get the TA app? Thanks

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions for a good street map

Superstar - http://www.tripadvisor.com/ and choose the Cityguides app, once downloaded you can choose the city you want to more info on.... Best app ever!

Let me know what you think :-)

New York City, New...
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestions for a good street map

Many thanks everyone for the great tips Maps ordered, app downloaded!

London, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggestions for a good street map

Thanks Amnesia180. I have downloaded the app and so far, found it excellent! I'm sure it'll be a good use for my upcoming trip. You're a star :)

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
165 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Suggestions for a good street map

Hi Sara623! My mom and I relied on the free map given at the info booth at the airport and we had no problems getting around!

9. Re: Suggestions for a good street map

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 11:19