We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelona hotels

New York
Level Contributor
26 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Barcelona hotels

Hi, going to Barcelona in August, looking for a hotel in walking distance of attractions, beaches etc.. good price, traveling alone.

Any ideas?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,910 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelona hotels

How long are you staying for and what do you consider a good price, ie. what's your budget? Have you looked on www.booking.com already? You can filter your search by entering your budget and preferences. I'm a solo traveller too and love walking. I usually stay on c/ Pelai which is minutes from Placa Catalunya. It's very convenient for the Aerobus and metro and trains as well. You may also want to check out El Born.

Mentioned in this post
El Born
El Born
3,507 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
New York
Level Contributor
26 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelona hotels

Hi, Thanks for your response. I am staying 7 days and don't have a set budget,

just want something clean and close to transportation at a reasonable price.

will check out what you have mentioned.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,910 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelona hotels

For my week's stay in September I was at the Hotel Jazz which is very popular amongs the regulars on this forum. For my shorter stays I use the Hotel Atlantis which I think is very good value, it's nothing fancy but clean and cosy and includes breakfast. Single rooms face a lightwell though and don't get much natural light which may not be ideal for a week's stay. Also in August you might want somewhere with a rooftop pool which the Jazz does have, their roof terrace on the 8th floor is really nice.

Edited: 14 January 2013, 09:02
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,296 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelona hotels

Hola liscalabrese,

I agree with Nicoleta's idea of staying in El Born since you'd like to be near the beach but still in an interesting area for sightseeing. Apart from hotels, there are some other budget-conscious options including hostals (spelled with an 'a', these are small hotels with basic amenities), B&Bs and apts listed on www.airbnb.com .

Some more names for you to check out:

Casa de Marcelo

El Balcon del Born

There's also a Top Question on Solo Travel. It contains links to trip reports written by single travelers. Nicoleta's trip report is in there too. Those threads will help you get an idea of what lodgings other solo travelers used.

Edited: 14 January 2013, 15:42
Mentioned in this post
El Born
El Born
3,507 Reviews
Barcelona, Spain
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,910 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barcelona hotels

El Balcon del Born looks so lovely, I might want to stay there myself some time in the future! ;-)

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,296 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Barcelona hotels

It does, doesn't it? I haven't stayed there myself but some friends stayed at Casa de Marcelo. I believe they are in the same building. Nice balconies and a pleasant plaza in front.

7. Re: Barcelona hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2014, 06:19