We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pullman Barcelona Skipper buffet worth the price?

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Pullman Barcelona Skipper buffet worth the price?

I've been researching hotels for a week, have settled on Pullman Barcelona Skipper, ( I think :) and am wondering if adding the buffet is a good idea? Thanks

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,343 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pullman Barcelona Skipper buffet worth the price?

Coffee and pastries for 12.50€ ? In my experience no hotel breakfast is ever a good deal. It's just convenient. There are hundreds of bars, cafeterías and pastry shops in Barcelona that will offer you the same sort of thing for about 5-6€.

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
11,573 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pullman Barcelona Skipper buffet worth the price?

And usually in more 'authentic' surroundings.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,343 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pullman Barcelona Skipper buffet worth the price?

And if you "go native" and have the usual Spanish breakfast of a coffee and simple pastry or sandwich you could pay as little as 3€. As pandachris pointed out, eating outside your hotel will also let you experience a bit of Spanish daily life. It's one of the things I personally enjoy most when travelling – watching people doing everyday things and taking part in the experience.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Pullman Barcelona Skipper buffet worth the price?

Thank you so much for your quick reply. What is the best way to get around? From the airport to the hotel? Is the metro card a good deal? Isit better to buy package for sightseeing or just wonder around? Which is the cheaper way?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,235 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pullman Barcelona Skipper buffet worth the price?

BeeA6,

The best way to get around is to use the T10 ticket. It can be shared.

From the airport to the hotel, take a taxi for about 30€. There are cheaper options but they are not convenient for this hotel. Details are in the Top Question - Arriving & Departing.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Pullman Barcelona Skipper buffet worth the price?

I'm so confused with all the information to be honest. I'm looking at the Barcelona card? It's 37 euros for 4 days. I'm confused as to if its a good buy not not. We will be using busses to go into the city from the hotel and back daily, as well as coming from the airport into the city and from city to hotel. I'm not sure what zones are covered?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,343 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pullman Barcelona Skipper buffet worth the price?

The entire city of Barcelona is in Zone 1. The Barcelona is not a good deal for transport.

See this recent thread: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187497-i44-k60631…

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,343 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pullman Barcelona Skipper buffet worth the price?

That should read "The Barcelona Card is not a good deal..."

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Pullman Barcelona Skipper buffet worth the price?

Ok thank you so much. That thread really helped. You are right, I will go with the t10 and go from there. I'm not really into going into the musuems more walking around and seeing the sights!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Pullman Barcelona Skipper buffet worth the price?

I had a quick look at their website, it says for the t10 for 5 zones it is 39 euros?