We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants/Things to do

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Restaurants/Things to do

Hello,

I will be visiting Barcelona with my boyfriend during the first weekend of March (1st-4th) and we are staying at the Hotel Jazz.

We have looked at a few restaurants on Trip Advisor but would appreciate if anyone had any recommendations for restaurants to visit near the hotel?

Do you have any other recommendations of things to do whilst in Barcelona? We are planning to go to the Nou camp one day.

Any advice would be appreciated,

Many thanks,

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
25,146 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants/Things to do

I go here for breakfast. It's less than a five minute walk.

www.restaurantelaginesta.info/

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,841 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants/Things to do

Cafe Viena is good for breakfast and mid-afternoon snacks as well (try the flauta con jamon iberico, a crispy baguette filled with lovely ham). It's across the road from the Jazz. Don't have the hotel breakfast. I found it quite disappointing and the coffee's not very good either. The rooftop bar is nice though.

London
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants/Things to do

Thank you for your suggestions, will be sure to check them out when we are there. Do you have any recommendations for restaurants to visit for dinner in the evenings?

Thanks again...

Louisiana
Level Contributor
1,116 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants/Things to do

I too would like some recommendations for dinner near Hotel Jazz when we go in May. Some places in the 50€ each ( or under) bracket and maybe a "swankier" place in the 100€ each bracket.

Sorry for hijacking your post LLouise!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,841 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants/Things to do

Southern Gal - if you wanna do fancy you could try the tasting menu (they have 2 different ones, both fit your budget) at Cinc Sentits which is just a short walk from the Jazz. ;-)

Louise - bear in mind that lunch is the biggest meal of the day and you will save a lot of money going for the Menu del Dia (3 course meal including a drink, anything from around €10-20 per person depending on where you go) which is offered by most restaurants. If you want tapas the Cerveceria Catalana and Ciutat Comtal are very popular on this forum but a tapas meal could easily work out very expensive. I've also eaten at the Celler de Tapas on Placa Universitat (about 2-3 mins from your hotel) which is part of a chain but I thought was very good, plus there was lots of locals eating there as well when I was there. They do both a good value Menu del Dia (although you may have to ask for it) and tapas a la carte. Also have a look on the right hand side of this page under Top Questions in the Dining section for more suggestions.

Edited: 16 February 2013, 12:39
Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,573 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants/Things to do

If you want to try something more homely than the "posher" restaurants, I can highly recommend Restaurant Tallers on Carrer Tallers just off Las Ramblas. If you stand at the top of Las Ramblas with your back to Placa de Catalunya, the Carrer Tallers is the first street off to the right. The Restaurant Tallers is on the right, just a little way down.

It's a small, very homely Spanish restaurant which does a fixed price meal for only 9 euros per person (which includes bread and wine). You get four courses and there are a fair few options to choose from. We ate there twice last week and would have gone more if time had allowed. We expected a small glass of wine each for the price but each got a bottle of wine (which I reckon was equal to half a standard bottle); the red wine was rich and fruity.

The food is plain and simple and delicious. The place gets busy during the afternoon but when we went in the evening, we were the only ones in. It didn't bother us though - the food was really good.

Jak xx

7. Re: Restaurants/Things to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2014, 07:16