We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seat Assignments on the Ave

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
674 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Seat Assignments on the Ave

We will now be purchasing 4 promo fare tickets from Barcelona to Seville. Does anyone know if we will be getting seats that are together?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,451 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seat Assignments on the Ave

With Renfe, if they're available, you would normally get seats that are together. Renfe also allows you to chose your seat at no extra charge. It don't know how it works with Petrabax.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
674 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seat Assignments on the Ave

Thanks.

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
4,074 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seat Assignments on the Ave

if you choose the Mesa option, you'll get a table for the 4 of you, seating 2 facing the other 2. It's cheaper and makes sense if you know each other.

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,246 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seat Assignments on the Ave

The new price structuring that Renfe has recently brought in enables big discounts if purchasing a Promo ticket, it does not include being able to choose your own seat, these are allocated by Renfe. I would imagine if you are purchasing 4 tickets in one booking the seats will be allocated together, but there is no absolute guarantee.

Prom+ tickets do give the facility to choose your seats, but there is less of a discount.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,451 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seat Assignments on the Ave

Oh crap, that's really disappointing. Welcome to Renfe Airlines.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
674 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seat Assignments on the Ave

Thanks guys. Interestingly enough Renfe has posted a promo fare for 35 euros and a mesa fare for 46.65. I thought the mesa fare would be the cheaper one, but guess I was wrong.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,269 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seat Assignments on the Ave

Mesa seats WERE cheaper than the Web fares, not cheaper than Promo fares. Promo fares didn't even exist before Feb 8.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
674 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Seat Assignments on the Ave

Good point. Anyway, we took the easy way out and booked thru Petrabax. The Renfe price would be the US equivalent of $46.84. Petrabax charged $58, which is still well below the pre-Feb. 8th Renfe web price of $94 US. It really only amounted to an extra $11 per ticket and it was painless. Thanks everyone for the help. We are not going to Seville until May 11th, so Renfe is really booking out much farther than before.

Actually, there are some dates in May where the mesa fares were cheaper than the promo, but it didn't apply to us. May 8th, the mesa fare is $46.65 euros, and the promo fare is $58.30 euros.

I hope this information will help others.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
674 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Seat Assignments on the Ave

Thanks, Malaagogo. I will keep you guys posted and review our hotels, etc.

10. Re: Seat Assignments on the Ave

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 13 February 2013, 01:49
Edited: 13 February 2013, 01:49