We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does this involve a loy of climbing?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
32 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Does this involve a loy of climbing?

I have gone through 50 pages or so in the Barcelona Forum and seem to recall reading in one of the posts that there is a lot of stair climbing at the Sagrada Familia. My husband doesn't do well with lots of climbing, so I'd like to know (can't find that earlier post) if that is the case before we make plans to go there. Thanks

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,457 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does this involve a loy of climbing?

There are no stairs to climb at the Sagrada Familia. Towers can only be accessed by elevator.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,457 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does this involve a loy of climbing?

Of course, there are a few steps here and there, and IIRC you have to climb some stairs when you leave the museum.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does this involve a loy of climbing?

Probably you read an old post. Some years ago apparently there were no elevators at the SF towers (or these were not for public access). Now, as said above, you're actually not allowed to climb the towers up.

Most people walk down, you can request taking the elevator down if you have mobility issues.

Other than this, there are only some steps here and there, but no "climbing" as such

Bon viatge!

4. Re: Does this involve a loy of climbing?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2014, 05:17