We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tarragona, spain

Jacksonville...
8 posts
Save Topic
tarragona, spain

What area should we stay near to walk to most of the sites? Please name streets if possible. Is the placa de la font a good area to be based near?

1. Re: tarragona, spain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 22 February 2013, 21:20
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tarragona, spain

Dincy, apologies...ignore the above. I thought you were asking about Barcelona! Doh!

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tarragona, spain

A few years ago I stayed at a hotel right on Placa de la Font. It wasn't fancy but was clean, comfortable and my room had a balcony overlooking the square. I'd stay there again when I return.

http://hotelpdelafont.com/en/

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
822 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tarragona, spain

Tarragona is beautiful, we have stayed at the AC Tarragona just down from the Bus station. and we had views over the city park.

We are staying hopefully at mentioned Hotel Placa del la Font for santa Tecla in September.

When are you coming over?

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
12,597 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tarragona, spain

Agree with the above posts.Hotel Placa de la Font is pleasant and the balcony rooms are entertaining. I think we've stayed there four times now. At Santa Tecla time the view from the rooms is amazing because most of the big parades come past and Senorita Kaz will have a wonderful time, but even on an ordinary day, especially morning with the sun flooding into the square it is lovely just to stand and watch as Tarragona goes about her business.

Placa de la Font is well placed for exploring the city centre with easy access to the old quarter, the cathedral and the major Roman antiquities. Make sure you have a look at the Passeig Arqueologic which seems to get unfairly overlooked by many and head down to Serallo (the port area) for lunch on at least one day. The walk from the centre is down hill and perhaps 20-30 minutes and if you read the map carefully there are escalators on the way back up to dodge the steep bit if you're feeling a bit full.

Don't forget, though, that Tarragona has its own forum on TA.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
497 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: tarragona, spain

We stayed in Tarragona over Christmas - many reviews on the subject that may help. There weren't that many hotels to choose from and the one we chose, the AC Marriot, was fine, but not great. I did look at the one suggested by pandachris, but felt that it would be too noisy at night with all the restaurants and bars in the square. We did walk past it and it looked nice, but I like to stay somewhere quieter. The AC is 5 mins from the bus station, but you need to walk about 20 mins to the main attractions, of which there are many. Tarragona is a great place and compact, so it's easy to walk around everything that you might want to see.

7. Re: tarragona, spain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2014, 06:16