We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel suggestions near Las Ramblas

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Harrisonville...
Level Contributor
71 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel suggestions near Las Ramblas

Does anyone have any hotel suggestions within a block or two of Las Ramblas that won't break the bank. Don't want to spend more than $100 a night. Would like a room with a private bath. Thanks!

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
76 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel suggestions near Las Ramblas

depends of you're date traveling. but check on booking for Hostal Radio, Hostal Paris or Nikbor.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,201 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel suggestions near Las Ramblas

Hola StephStackhouse,

La Rambla is a bit tacky, touristy and expensive. You can find much better value for money by considering other areas. I don't know when you're visiting or how long you are staying. Room rates could be higher or lower when you're visiting. Some possibilities include:

Best Western Premier Hotel Dante

Acevi Villaroel

Expo Hotel Barcelona

If you want more specific help, pls give us your approx dates. Or go to TA Barcelona Hotels, www.booking.com or www.venere.com to do your own search.

Harrisonville...
Level Contributor
71 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel suggestions near Las Ramblas

I will be arriving April 22 and staying 3 nights. I wanted a central location where we could walk to most sights. We plan on taking a taxi from cruise port upon arrival then a taxi to airport when leaving.

Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel suggestions near Las Ramblas

I've just booked the "hotel barcelona house" right next to the ramblas, very very cheap (I booked mine on alpha rooms but their own website is cheap enough) and all the reviews for it on here seem brilliant.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,201 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel suggestions near Las Ramblas

Steph,

Have a look at Hostal Q. On Booking.com, it's USD 295 (non-refundable) or USD 313 (cancellable). Near metro Urquinaona, you could take the Aerobus to Placa de Catalunya and walk 5 min to this hostal. A hostal is a small hotel with basic amenities. Recent reviews on TA say it's noisy but that could be true with many Barcelona hotels.

Edited: 27 February 2013, 20:00
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,841 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel suggestions near Las Ramblas

Unfortunately noise is a problem at the Hostal Q which is a shame as it has really good facilites and I liked everything else about it. Location is great and reception staff really friendly and helpful. I stayed there for one night in December after I had to extend my stay and my usual hotel wasn't available for the last night. My room was right next to Urquinaona metro station and on a very busy junction so you have non-stop traffic noise. I was also right next to the kitchen where someone did the cleaning and washing up at 4am! I didn't sleep a wink. If you're a light sleeper stay away, if you can sleep with earplugs, it's worth asking if they have slightly quieter rooms.

7. Re: Hotel suggestions near Las Ramblas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2014, 05:16