We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter 2013 in Barcelona

Warren, OH
Level Contributor
54 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Easter 2013 in Barcelona

My husband and I will be arriving in Barcelona on Friday, March 29 and be there for three nights before traveling south. This is our first time in Spain. Can anybody tell me if there is anything special going on during that time period in regards to the Easter holiday? Also, will the attractions and public transportation be working and operating under normal hours? Thanks so much.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,391 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easter 2013 in Barcelona

I don't think much special happens in Barcelona during Easter. Perhaps you should reconsider your schedule and go south right away. There's a lot more to see there during Easter. I was in Sevilla and Granada for Semana Santa in 2010 and, even though I'm not religious at all, I'm still not quite over it. It's was truly impressive.

Warren, OH
Level Contributor
54 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easter 2013 in Barcelona

Thank you for your information. We can't change the order of our trip but we can leave Barcelona early in order to go south sooner. I just wanted to make sure that there were not any festivities in Barcelona as well. Thanks

Leeds
Level Contributor
1,205 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easter 2013 in Barcelona

Hello

To re-ask: will 'everything' be open during Easter? We're planning on spending 3 nights in Barcelona from 31st March and just want to check it won't be a wasted trip.

To expand, by 'everything', I mean the local shops and eateries -- perhaps not so much the touristy ones.

Thanks.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,987 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easter 2013 in Barcelona

Most things will be open. Wasn't an issue 2 years ago. I'm in Barcelona and Valencia over the easter period.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
59,245 posts
3,585 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easter 2013 in Barcelona

Beach:

Good Friday is a national holiday. Many museums and sights may be closed. You have to check each sight's webpage to see if it will be open. Most stores will also be closed. Most restaurants will be open.

6. Re: Easter 2013 in Barcelona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2014, 06:18