We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trendy bar near to Le Meridien hotel

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
374 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
Trendy bar near to Le Meridien hotel

We're going to Le Meridien next month for a meal for a 40th birthday and I'm trying to find a bar for a pre-dinner drink.

The girls will have heels on so won't want to travel too far for their cocktails.

Would quite like a modern type bar. I've looked at Marmalade and Rita Blue which are absolutely what I'm looking for but may be too far for the girlies to walk.

We're staying at Hotel Universitat so will be heading down, possibly through Placa Catalunya, so anything enroute or any suggestions as to nearer, similar type bars would be great, cheers.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trendy bar near to Le Meridien hotel

How about Boadas?

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g187497-…

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
374 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trendy bar near to Le Meridien hotel

Cheers for that

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trendy bar near to Le Meridien hotel

It's probably not considered modern or trendy because it's been there for ages but it's popular and well-known and only around the corner from the Meridien.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
6,920 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trendy bar near to Le Meridien hotel

try Disapore, few meters away from LeMeridion on Pintor Fortuny 15. Here you can get a drink and eat some italian antipastis (like tapas).

5. Re: Trendy bar near to Le Meridien hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2014, 05:16