We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confused by timings of buying tickets for Sagrada Famillia

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
222 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Confused by timings of buying tickets for Sagrada Famillia

Hi all

I am a bit stuck when it comes to buying the tickets for the Sagrada Famillia, with towers and audio guide. The first page asks for a time slot to visit (I chose 9 - 11), then it asks time for access to towers, which is in 15 minute slots between 9 and 11am. Can we visit inside the church after the towers or does it have to be done before? Its just difficult to decide exactly how long it will take to see everything if we only have a 15 minute window of opportunity to enter the towers. Better I think, if possible, to do the towers first then we can see the rest at our leisure.

Also, does anyone know if Universitat metro (the nearest to our hotel) goes to Sagrada Famillia, as although we have hoho tickets for that day I think we will be quicker to jump on the metro.

Thanks for all your help :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Confused by timings of buying tickets for Sagrada Famillia

Hi Flossy, from Universitat you need to take the purple line (L2) in the direction of Pep Ventura. It's only 4 stops to Sagrada Familia. I've done the journey the other way round and it's very easy.

UK
Level Contributor
222 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Confused by timings of buying tickets for Sagrada Famillia

Thanks very much for the info re the tube nicoleta_londres. I thought it would be but as we'll be going out early (or at least early for us) I wanted to check timings.

Only 2 more sleeps then we go

Yippee!!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Confused by timings of buying tickets for Sagrada Famillia

Lucky you, 25 more sleeps for me (my 4th trip to BCN in 10 months!) Sorry I can't help you with the towers at the Sagrada Familia because I didn't do up there. The church is absolutely stunning though, I liked it very much. You must be church-lovers judging by your itinerary, I hope you get to see them all! I also liked Santa Maria del Mar. You will find lots of chapels dedicated to the various saints inside. Oh and if you have a wish, try lighting a candle for Esperanza. I got what I asked for the next day! ;-)

UK
Level Contributor
222 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Confused by timings of buying tickets for Sagrada Famillia

I'm glad you got what you asked for. Mums catholic and I love architecture so churches tend to be high up on our list of what to see. Although I think there is going to be beautiful architecture overload in Barcelona :)

Mum always lights a candle when we go inside a church, and so I tend to follow suit, but I'll make sure we light one for Esperanza, just in case :)

Hopefully someone can answer re the towers but if not i'll just choose the 10.45 - 11am slot, this should give us plenty of time to see inside if we are there around 9am ish.

Enjoy your trip when you go. I can't understand why I haven't been yet but what better birthday present to me than 4 days in Barcelona :)

Thanks again :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Confused by timings of buying tickets for Sagrada Famillia

Definitely! I asked myself as well why I hadn't visited earlier when I went for the first time last May. Now I go back every couple of months. I've visited most major sights and am now working my way through the many museums and art galleries. Have yet to visit Montserrat but I think I will leave that for later in the year. Have a fantastic time and Happy Birthday!

Buffalo, New York
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Confused by timings of buying tickets for Sagrada Famillia

I bought tickets yesterday with a 3:15pm time for the towers. Tickets indicate you can enter the church 15 minutes before. If you chose the 10:45 slot I believe you would not be able to enter until 10:30. Can anyone verify this? Don't want you to be disappointed when you arrive and realize you have a long wait to enter. I think you will be allowed to stay inside as long as you want after your tower visit.

UK
Level Contributor
222 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Confused by timings of buying tickets for Sagrada Famillia

Thanks Gwen 0511.

I have found so much information on the internet but nothing on that. We intend on leaving Universitat at around 8.45am so should get there no later than 9.15am so I will book the 9.30am time slot, if we are there a bit early it gives us chance to find where we are supposed to be.

So a very, very big thank you for that information as I was just about to book the 10.45am time slot and we would have got very bored waiting lol.

Many, many thanks again :)

8. Re: Confused by timings of buying tickets for Sagrada Famillia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2014, 05:16