We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need advise

Which Barcelona hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sharm El Sheikh...
Level Contributor
12 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Need advise

i intend to travel to barcelona in a quick visit for 2 days (18 and 19 April) and it is my first visit:

1- is barcelona a place where i can travel alone as actually iam travelling alone

2- i need to know a good hotel which is near from the main site seeing with a budget of 50 euros per night

3- what is the main way of transportation in the city and what is the estimated taxi fare from the airport to the hotel and is there any other means

4- off course what are the best to do in these 2 days and please make sure to include camp nou staduim

i know that these are alot of questions but iam sure that you will help

1. Re: Need advise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2013, 08:52
Edited: 20 November 2013, 08:52
2. Re: Need advise

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2013, 08:52
Sharm El Sheikh...
Level Contributor
12 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need advise

is it possible to visit all these places in 2 days, can you please separate them on 2 full days according to the location including the camp nu :), also is it possible to recommend another hotel where i can stay in a single room

Edited: 21 March 2013, 15:21
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
298 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need advise

Hi Ehab n!

Day 1:

Morning:

- Sagrada Familia

- Passeig de Gràcia and all the Modernist houses (Pedrera, Casa Batlló, Casa Atmetller..)

Evening:

- Gothic Quartier

- Port Vell & Barceloneta

Day 2:

Morning:

- Park Güell

Evening:

- Camp Nou (there are no matches for those days... :()

- Plaza Espanya & Montjuic

Another hotel... I like Hotel Actual, but I think it's more expensive, or Room Mate Emma (http://emma.room-matehotels.com/). Those hotels are in the center... There are other cheaper hotels but are not so central...

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,841 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need advise

Hi Ehab,

1) Yes, BCN is a perfect solo traveller destination. I personally feel very much at ease there. Just keep your eye out for pickpockets and exercise general precautions.

2) With such a low budget for accommodation I think you're more likely to only get a room in a hostel (with shared bath) and not a hotel. The 2 hotels that claus86 has suggested above are far more expensive and not within your budget at all. Check out www.booking.com and on the left hand side filter your search by entering your budget and choose Barcelona City Center, there's a few places that come up for that price range, then read the reviews before you make the booking.

3) If you are staying in the city center then you can easily walk to a lot of places, for places that are a bit out of the way you can take the metro. Get a T-10 ticket which gives you 10 journeys and costs just under €10. From El Prat airport you can also take the Aerobus into the center. They are very frequent and again the return journey is just under €10.

4) The sample itinerary that claus86 has given is quite good and includes my own choices. You should definitely go and see the Sagrada Familia church (prebook your ticket to avoid having to queue, time is precious since you're only there for 2 days!), you may only want to admire the outside facade of Casa Battlo and La Pedrera as entrance fees are not cheap. Hope this helps.

6. Re: Need advise

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 23 March 2014, 05:16