We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Trans Montserrat Tickets on line

Kuala Lumpur...
10 posts
Save Topic
Booking Trans Montserrat Tickets on line

I'm planning to visit the Montserrat on 10 April and trying to purchase the Trans Montserrat tickets online. However, I cannot find the site to purchase the tickets. They seem to be selling the ToT Montserrat tickets only (additional : museum and lunch). Anyone can help ? Thanks

scotland
Level Contributor
13,951 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking Trans Montserrat Tickets on line

This may help you

barcelonaturisme.com/ECV2TBCN/Front/BCNShop/…

Kuala Lumpur...
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking Trans Montserrat Tickets on line

Thank you ab2pcs. I just booked the tickets successfully.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,256 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking Trans Montserrat Tickets on line

ab2pcs,

This is useful info and must be relatively new. In the past the tickets were only available for sale on the day of travel. Thanks for sharing,

Phoenix
Level Contributor
77 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking Trans Montserrat Tickets on line

Hello - we also want to purchase these tickets - the Trans Montserrat or Tot Montserrat. It appears that even if you purchase them online, you have to go to Placa de Catalunya to pick them up. The office there opens at 8:30 and the first train leaves for Montserrat at 8:30 per the schedule and it is from a different station. One solution appears to be to pick them up the night before but this is well out of our way for that evening.

Questions - Is availability ever an issue when it comes to taking the train to Montserrat?

Is it possible to buy the Trans Montserrat or the Tot Montserrat tickets at the train station where the train leaves?

Is there any where else to purchase the tickets?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,256 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking Trans Montserrat Tickets on line

Hola budgettraveler8,

First a link to the Top Question - Daytrip to Montserrat. Lots of useful stuff in here:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187497-c79251/Barcel…

Now to answer your questions:

- Is availability ever an issue when it comes to taking the train to Montserrat?

No, the FGC train does NOT have assigned seats so as long as there's standing room, you can get on board.

- Is it possible to buy the Trans Montserrat or the Tot Montserrat tickets at the train station where the train leaves?

Yes, at the FGC Placa d'Espanya station (where the train leaves), you can buy tickets from the booth or the machine.

PS. I don't know when you're going but when I went in June, the earliest train that connects to the rack railway departs Pl Espanya at 7:36 am. I arrived at the mountain by 9 am.

Edited: 25 April 2013, 00:30
Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,188 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking Trans Montserrat Tickets on line

My wife and I did the journey last week and bought tickets from the machine at Placa D'Espanya the same morning we travelled. It is very easy, there are several machines and they have languages choices e.g.English. There is also an attendant hovering should you have any difficulty, look for someone wearing a red jacket.

We arrived at the station 40 mins before the train was due to leave, we were allowed on the train about 25 mins before departure and got a seat, but it was standing room shortly after.

Tip: If you are going on the funicular, then get a seat at the front of the train, you will be nearest to the funicular train, which is waiting for you when arriving at Montserrat station, again it was standing room only when everyone was on board.

7. Re: Booking Trans Montserrat Tickets on line

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2014, 06:19