We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3rd visit. What to do?

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,368 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
3rd visit. What to do?

Hi, My wife and I are making our 3rd visit to Barcelona next week. One day will be taken with a trip to Montserrat and we are going to a concert on Thursday evening so do not want to be chasing about like demented tourists that day.

On our previous visits we have "done" all the Gaudi sights and also the Camp Nou tour and various churches and museums.

So my question is, what else can anyone suggest we do? We are late 60's active and are staying near to Placa D'Espanya for 4 days. Also any recommendations for restaurants around that area would be appreciated, we are not into Gastronomic or Gourmet eating, just good honest fare.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Barcelona y Flamenco
Performances, Concerts, Theatres
Arte Flamenco Barcelona
Performances, Concerts, Theatres
Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
7,410 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3rd visit. What to do?

Have you walked around the old town? catedral, plaça del rei, museu d'historia de la ciutat, sant felip neri, santa maria del pi, sant just, etc?

Monestir de Pedralbes and the Sarria area could be an option if you have not been there, same with Parc del laberint d'Horta. it is a bit far of everything, but is an option if you want a relaxed visit.

about food, you could go to the Poble Sec area . it is just down plaça espanya and you will find lots of places to eat like the well known Quimet & Quimet

Taipei, Taiwan
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,293 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3rd visit. What to do?

Hola pavoreal,

Have you seen the renovated Palau Guell on carrer Nou de la Rambla?

One metro stop away from Placa d'Espanya + a short walk, you'll find Pa i Trago. It's a traditional Catalan restaurant recommended by several Barcelona acquaintances. Nothing fancy.

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187497-d1…

USA
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3rd visit. What to do?

Have you been to the Palau de Musica Catalan? It is one of my two favorite sites in Barcelona (the other being Santa Maria del Mar, which might have been one of the various sites you saw. I think the Palau de Musica is the most impressive of the modernisme sites in Barcelona, apologies to the genius Gaudi. You could also see Montaner's other main site, the Hospital de Sant Paul.

I could spend days just wandering around the old city, so I like slatkin's first question.

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
12,646 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3rd visit. What to do?

We didn't visit the Pedralbes Monastery until about our 20th visit. Combined with a breakfast from one of the bakery/cafes in Sarria, this can be an enjoyable few hours.

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,368 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3rd visit. What to do?

Thank you all for your input. I will investigate the Monestir de Pedralbes and the Sarria area. We have walked around the old town but will go again as there is always something that is missed the first time.

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
12,646 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3rd visit. What to do?

El Call and Sant Felip Neri often get overlooked.

7. Re: 3rd visit. What to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2014, 06:18